Green Hills Academy (GHA) serves 1,550 students in Kigali, Rwanda. Green Hills Academy wishes to fill the below vacant position with qualified, experienced, talented, capable and dedicated individual to join the team to make a difference.
The positions’ details are outlined below; -
• Music Teacher / Strings
Purpose of the role:
Primary role of providing a well-rounded music education to grade 6-10 students in a string setting. Possibility of teaching upper elementary students.
- • Collaborate with other music teachers (including Kinyarwanda dance) to create a shared curriculum, pedagogy, and culture consistent with the artistic and social goals of the program
- • Create opportunities for students to collaborate with other music students in the Kigali area
- • Start and rehearse new instrumentalists on their instruments
- • Provide appropriate, varied and challenging repertoire for students
- • Perform at school and interschool events throughout the year
- • Participate in community outreach opportunities ie. Christmas carols at the annual German Christmas Market
- • Teach individual and/or group lessons lasting from 15 minutes to an hour or longer
- • Facilitate peer learning experiences among students
- • Administer formative and summative student evaluations in accordance with the GHA 6-10 music department portfolio assessment scheme
- • Communicate regularly with other teachers, on-site staff, and parents
- • Maintain instrument inventory - including repair and regular maintenance
- • Prepare students for exams, auditions and festivals such as college applications, ABRSM Exam and honors ensembles
- • Participate in professional development
- • Coordinate and facilitate recruiting for the instrumental program
- • Ensure that you adhere to health and safety standards and work in line with child protection legislation
Qualifications and experience
- • Bachelor’s degree in music education; graduate degree in music education or related field desirable
- • 2+ years teaching experience preferred
- • Strong commitment to the artistic and social goals of our program
- • Ability and curiosity to adapt existing knowledge to new practices, willingness to experiment, reflect, inquire, and adapt practices according to the needs of students
- • Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications including a brief cover letter, detailed CV, copies of relevant degree as well as the names and contact information of three recent referees who have been direct supervisors to; email;- email@example.com by 5.00 p.m. on Monday 24th February, 2020.
To learn more about GHA, please visit our website at www.greenhillsacademy.rw
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.