RECRUITMENT OF IT&ACCREDITATION OFFICER
RMC (Rwanda Media Commission) Is the Media Self Regulatory Body in Rwanda instructed by Law N0. 02/2013 of 08/02/2013 Regulating Media most especially in its Article 2 (para 20) and established by all Rwandan journalists in their General Assembly of 27/8/2013. The self regulatory body is mandated to Protect journalists, regulate their conduct and the daily functioning of media and advocate for media freedom in Rwanda.
The Rwanda Media Commission is recruiting an officer in charge of IT& Accreditation officer who will undertake the following duties and responsibilities.
2. Key responsibilities
• Administer RMC’s broadcast media monitoring equipments (BME) to ensure; the equipment’s performance on daily basis, its system structure and content accessibility, its regular performance evaluation and content retrieval on demand;
• Conduct quarterly preventative maintenance service on the BME system as assigned;
• Make recommendations for future upgrades, and/or software, hardware, applications and any other related materials for the use and efficient running monitoring services;
• Free the system from old content to get enough space to acquire new content;
• Perform a weekly system backup and ensuring monthly data backup measures are put into practice;
• Ensuring system and PCs are secured and protected by updated antivirus and an automatic regular scan, regularly checked, cleaned from dirty either inside or outside and temporally files subject to a minimum of four (4) times annually;
• Providing technical services on IT related issues, new or existing technologies and software to support the mandate of RMC;
• Ensure that all IT equipments of RMC are in good condition for effective use;
• Administer services relating to journalists accreditation and registration of media organs.
• Perform other related duties as required.
3. Desired competences
a) Verified experience and qualification in IT related discipline such as Computer Science, Computer Networks, Information Technology, Electronics and Telecommunications or related field.
b) Knowledge of radio broadcasting operation (FM & AM Transmission/reception);
c) Demonstrated capability to patch around signal problems and take other emergency corrective actions rapidly, to maintain recording status of the content;
d) Being teachable and a quick learner in system administration, hardware and network technologies;
e) The ability to understand the complete technical system is essential for success in this role;
f) Mature and has a team player attitude while being able to work independently;
g) Strong troubleshooting and excellent problem solving skills;
h) Verified experience in working in any media related organ or entity in fields relating to broadcast or online media system;
i) Experience in relating with media professionals and working environment of the media sector;
4. Criteria of Selection
• To be a Rwandan by nationality;
• Proven experience in administering IT related tools and software’s such as Computers, Electronics, broadcasting tools, and related IT services.
• Age of applicants must 21 years of age and above;
5.How to apply
Qualified candidates are requested to submit an application letter with three referees, CV, degrees and certificates to Rwanda Media Commission (RMC) offices located at Remera, Gasabo district. Amahoro Stadium Road KG 17, Plot No.5658 not later than Wednesday 28th August 2019
Done at Kigali,
23rd August 2019