Posted: 28 September 2017
Viewed: 807 Times
The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) in Rwanda is recruiting an ICT, Communication and Logistics Officer in the programme “Umusemburo w’Ireme ry’Uburezi – Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (LT)2” (2017-2021)
VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance, is a Belgian non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE), Rwanda Education Board (REB), and its affiliated Teacher Training Colleges (TTC), VVOB started in 2017 with a new multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together – (LT)2 (2017-2021). The cooperation programme aims to improve the quality of education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of newly qualified teachers.
VVOB is currently looking for an ICT, Communication, and Logistics Officer to strengthen our team. (S)he works in a team of Support and Administrative staff and reports directly to the Operations and Finance Manager (OFM).
The ICT, Communication, and Logistics Officer holds delegated responsibility on matters related to online learning, monitoring and knowledge management environments; logistics and administration; ICT support and communication; for the 2017-2021 VVOB Programme.
As such, the ICT, Communication, and Logistics Officer:
Ø Sets up and maintains online learning, monitoring and knowledge management environments. Tasks include:
- – Overseeing online course implementation (technical support, monitoring, managing interactions between learners, teachers and content);
- – Contributing to monitoring and evaluation of online course implementation;
- – Assisting with multimedia development (podcasts, video, …);
- – Assisting with design of synchronous and asynchronous communication infrastructure for online courses;
- – Assisting with instructional design in Moodle in collaboration with education advisor(s) and partners (UR-CE and REB).
Ø Provides logistical and administrative support. Tasks include:
- – Preparing budget and fund request for training activities together with the team and address them to OFM;
- – Preparing and follow up on activity logistics, such as arranging meeting venues and training materials, sending invitation letters for activities, transport and accommodation arrangements… and communicating progress to relevant team members;
- – Executing payments to training participants;
- – Financial and accounting documentation (preparing and filing documentation for accounting purposes…) of programme activities.
Ø Provides ICT support. Tasks include:
- – Monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks (Office365), inlcuding VVOBs country website and internal Knowledge Management System (Office 365/SharePoint);
- – Informing the OFM on status of ICT and logistical processes, including critical issues and areas for improvement;
- – Procurement and follow up on maintenance of IT equipment, in consultation with relevant team members;
- – Installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware, software and internet connectivity faults and seeking solutions for technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person;
- – Developing the capacity of partners and team members in ICT related to the VVOB programme.
Ø Additionally, the ICT, Communication, and logistics officer follows up on design and layout of different media. Tasks include:
- – Designing and layout of brochures, two-pagers, magazines, reports, manuals and other materials;
- – Designing of online content for CPD courses and trajectories;
- – Artistic, creative design: e.g. cartoons, illustrations, logo’s, …
To achieve this, the ICT, Communication, and logistics officer acts as a quality caretaker. (S)he is proactive and takes initiatives whenever necessary to provide quality online environments and media, ICT, logistical and administrative support to the VVOB programme and –team.
As a quality caretaker the ICT, Communication, and logistics officer complies with VVOBs internal financial guidelines and protects the interests of the organization at all times, particularly ensuring value for money.
The ICT, Communication, and logistics officer performs any other duty assigned by supervisors in line with the position holder’s capacities.
Knowledge and experience:
- Ø Bachelors degree related to information and communication technology, education, science, office administration or business;
- Ø Basic knowledge of logistics and administration;
- Ø Up to date with leading software and technologies (E.g. Microsoft, Moodle, InDesign, Photoshop, …);
- Ø Experience with ICT maintenance (computer hardware, software, network management and security);
- Ø Proven relevant work experience;
- Ø Experience with instructional design of online and/or distance courses (e.g. with Moodle);
- Ø Knowledge of e-learning within the development context, with experience in e-learning and multi-media environment for adult education;
- Ø Skills in multi-media design and layout;
- Ø Experience with working in a multicultural team;
- Ø Able and willing to travel in – country for short periods of time;
- Ø Able to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour.
Contract type: Local, full time
- Ø Fluent in English, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Ø Fluent in Kinyarwanda
- Ø Knowledge of French and Swahili is an asset
Ø VVOB core competences:
- o Result orientation
- o Continuous improvement
- o Collaboration
Ø Function specific competences
- o Creativity
- o Accuracy
- o Organizing
- o Planning
- o Reliability
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Start date: as soon as possible
- Ø A dynamic working environment in an international context;
- Ø An exciting job with varied responsibilities;
- Ø Professional development opportunities;
- Ø A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Ø Impress us with a well designed and creative application, including your cv and motivation;
- Ø Multi-media submissions are encouraged.
Submit your application by Friday 13 October 2017 to Mrs. Jeanne d’Arc Usanase Jeanne.Usanase@vvob.be
More info: For more info you can contact Mrs. Jeanne d’Arc Usanase Jeanne.Usanase@vvob.be