JOB VACANCY FOR A HEALTHCARE SUPPORT OFFICER
The Rwanda Bar Association (RBA) is a Legal Professional Organization that was created by an Act of Parliament in 1997 (Law N° 03/97), This law was amended by Law No 83/2013 of 11/09/2013, the law establishing the Bar Association in Rwanda, determining its Organization and Functioning. Having started with 37 advocates, after eighteen years the Bar’s current membership exceeds 1200 advocates. The membership is made up of all practicing advocates. as required by law, and the interns who aspire to be enrolled after years of internship.
With the aim of developing and extending its social services to advocates and their families. the Rwanda Bar Association has started offering Healthcare Services. It is in this regard that the Rwanda Bar Association is seeking to recruit a qualified and competent Rwandese national for the position of "Healthcare Support Officer".
The Healthcare Support Officer shall report to the Health Care Officer and his/her responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Maintaining the RBA database or contracted Medical services providers:
- Ensuring the proper use or logistics related to health care services for RBA members (medical service cards) :
- Registering RBA members and their dependents in need or health care insurance services
- Issuing medical cards to RBA members and their families:
- Daily management, including regular updating of the database of the affiliated RBA members and their dependents;
- Establishing the proper tracking system or healthcare related expenses by family and by service provider;
- Proposing to the Bar Senior Management the proper use of the RBA Healthcare scheme
- Responding to inquiries related to RBA healthcare services from contracted partners and Bar members;
- Receiving bills and justifying documents From service providers as per procedure,
- Check the authenticity of justifying documents including doctor’s signatures and pharmacist signatures.
- Check prices charged per medical act or drugs as per agreed pricelist,
- Verify whether the total bill equal to the summation of its justifying documents,
- Prepare weekly report of medical invoice verification (a document accompanying the Bills and justifying documents showing requested amount, deductions and explanations of deduction),
- Keep updated employee records with all relevant information (marital status, years, geographical location, etc.),
- Collaborating with accounting department for payments and deductions.
- Distributing medical forms to the partner hospitals, clinics and laboratories,
- Performing any other task entrusted to him/her by his/her superiors.
III.REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least A1 in Nursing Sciences;
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Health care. Having worked with Health Insurance companies will constitute an added value;
- Good analytical skills, the ability to present data in a concise manner;
- Ability to work with strict targets and deadlines;
- Good computer skills in Word Processing and Spreadsheet (MS Excel);
- Good command of English, French and Kinyarwanda;
- Be ready to be posted at Rwanda Bar Association (RBA) Secretariat.
IV. THE APPLICATION WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- An application letter to the President of Rwanda Bar Association,
- A notarized copy of academic qualification (diploma or degree),
- A curriculum vitae indicating at least three referees,
- A Criminal record certificate,
- A testimonial or a recommendation from a previous employer or partner in Health Insurance shall constitute an added value.
V. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested candidates should submit their applications including contact details (c-mail &telephone) to the President of Rwanda Bar Association, located at Kicukiro, near BRALIRWA, opposite COVIBAR not later than 06 June 2019 at 11:00 AM. Incomplete files will not be considered and all documents submitted to the Rwanda Bar Association (RBA) cannot be withdrawn.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for exam on dates that will be communicated to them