RECRUITMENT OF FINANCE MANAGER
RMC (Rwanda Media Commission) Is the Media Self Regulatory Body in Rwanda instructed by Law N0. 02/2013 of 08/02/2013 Regulating Media most especially in its Article 2 (para 20) and established by all Rwandan journalists in their General Assembly of 27/8/2013. The self regulatory body is mandated to Protect journalists, regulate their conduct and the daily functioning of media and advocate for media freedom in Rwanda.
The Rwanda Media Commission is recruiting Finance Manager who will undertake the following duties and responsibilities.
Reporting to the Executive Secretary the holder of this position will support RMC staff and partners. Ensuring compliance and sound management of all finance management in line with Rwandan Law, donor regulations and RMC’s policies, procedures and standards. This will include services relating to accounting, budgeting, assets and human resources management.
3.Duties and Responsibilities
• Effectively administer RMC’s finance office in accordance with standard practices of accounting, budgeting and auditing;
• Coordinate RMC’s engagements with donors, partners and stakeholders for effective funds management;
• Provide financial oversight, budget planning, action plans execution and tracking expenditures and projections;
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as may be required by various donors and RMC management within the stipulated deadlines;
• Manage financial systems, files, and maintain the accounting system of RMC;
• Manage and review the payroll and accountabilities in accordance with RMC’s finance and accounting policies and procedures;
• Verify whether all the support documents are accurate, complete and have followed the laid down procedures;
• Check compliance with procurement procedures;
• Ensure compliance with RMC rules and regulations and other donor requirements;
• Review monthly bank reconciliation statements;
• Participate in meetings and other events organized by donors and other stakeholders related to finance;
• Prepare the annual financial statements for audit and manage project audits and provide the required information during the audit;
• Provide oversight over human resource management, payroll management and administration;
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Verified experience in budget management, accounting, auditing and management of donors funds;
• Must have a university degree in Finance or Accounting or management.
• Postgraduate degrees in financial management and professional qualifications in CPA and CAT will be an added advantage.
• Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
• Minimum five years of experience in finance management related activities mainly accounting, budgeting and auditing with a recognized institution preferably donors and government supported institution ;
• Significant experience budget planning, and financial forecasts, monitoring and reporting;
• Negotiating best value contractual agreements with service providers;
• Advanced mastery of Excel and Word, use of financial software is an asset.
5.Criteria of Selection
• To be a Rwandan by nationality;
• Proven experience in handling donor and government supported funds;
• Female applicants will be preferred for gender considerations;
• Age of applicants must 30 years of age and above.
6. How to apply
Qualified candidates are requested to submit an application letter with three referees, CV, degree and certificates to Rwanda Media Commission (RMC) offices located at Remera, Gasabo district. Amahoro Stadium Road KG 17, Plot No.5658 not later than Wednesday 28th August 2019
Done at Kigali,
23rd August 2019