Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri) believes that quality assurance in teaching and learning is a shared responsibility. Responsibilities for ensuring quality in teaching and learning in the institution reside in structural and organizational entities as well as individual staff and students. The Institution has broad oversight of standards, policy and processes surrounding its academic endeavour.
Collectively, teaching staff and academic managers are responsible for ensuring that the design, development, management, teaching and assessment of courses and subjects facilitate effective learning, while students have responsibility to engage in the learning process. In this dynamism the place of Library and its management is key.
The institution is calling for applications to the following current vacant position:
1. BIOMEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
A. Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer
1. A PhD in Biomedical Sciences / Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences with a proven track of experience in the field. A specialization in Histo-Pathology, and BLS at undergraduate level will be an advantage.
2. Ability to work well with a diverse population of people and independently;
3. Possession of a RAHPC License is a must
4. Good computer skills in word application, Excel, PowerPoint and able to use SPSS
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To assist students in biomedical laboratory sciences to adjust to trainee group and ensure optimal work performance in assign ward to meet all customer objectives and train all students to minimize infection and contamination.
2. To assist the student biomedical laboratory sciences in integration of theory and practice, specific to the course’s learning activities and level of the learner.
3. To coordinate with students and manage all communication with same and provide optimal level of training through practical training and internships.
4. To directly observe and guides students’ learning activities with clients
5. To evaluate the student’s development of clinical reasoning skills.
6. Provides feedback to the lead department regarding the clinical setting’s effectiveness in supporting student accomplishment of the course and program outcomes.
7. Serves as a liaison between the clinical agency and INES-Ruhengeri.
8. To train students how to perform duties in the clinical site and answer their questions
9. Train all students to identify signs of patient health deterioration and clinical equipment malfunction to ensure achievement of all course objectives.
2. DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
A. Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer
Experience & Specialization required
• Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering, Road/transport planning & Design, Water Treatment & drainage design, Structural analysis & design.
• Minimum 2 years of experience or above
• Demonstrable teaching experience at the required level.
• Should have a track record
Qualifications & Education required
• Minimum Master’s Degree is essential
• PhD/Professional Doctorate/equivalent is preferred
• To provide vision and strategic leadership in teaching across the discipline of Engineering and other related specialist fields;
• To actively support and mentor staff and students;
• To undertake scholarly activities commensurate with the role and to contribute to excellence in teaching at all levels and provide academic leadership in teaching and curriculum development within INES-Ruhengeri;
• To carry out research and produce publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Staff review process
• Teaching: To contribute to the curriculum/course development as a senior member of staff within the Department of Civil Engineering as appropriate.
• To deliver inspirational teaching and where appropriate adopt research-informed teaching.
• To design and be responsible for the contents of specific areas of teaching and learning.
• To undertake academic duties to deliver high quality teaching, student learning support and assessment duties.
• To support and comply with the institution quality assurance standards and procedures
• Advanced Diploma (A1) in Library Science
• One or more years of experiences in a library setting, with supervisory or administrative experience preferred.
• Experience in working for and with students.
• Ability to translate student needs and interests into effective library services and programs.
• Knowledge of current trends in library services for and with students.
• Knowledge of standard library procedures, current information technology, internet and database search capabilities.
• Knowledge of connected learning and ability to design programs that embed connected learning principles.
• Able to recognize and set priorities, and to use initiative and independent judgement in a variety of situations.
• Able to learn and stay current with emerging technology, including digital media.
• Must be able to speak distinctly to large groups.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and manage convenient, accessible library and information services.
2. Develop and maintain special indexing systems and files for special collection
3. Maintain the organization of library materials.
4. Ensure efficient retrieval by users.
5. Develop and maintain cataloguing.
6. Enter cataloguing data into the library’s automated systems
7. Process resources for placement on shelf.
8. File users ’cards in shelf list
9. Provide library services in responses to the information needs of library users
10. Train library users to effectively search the library catalogue, internet etc.
How to apply
Detailed curriculum vitae, certified copy of degree, a copy of national identity card or passport, certificates and any other useful documents with an application letter addressed to the Vice-Chancellor of INES-Ruhengeri should be submitted electronically via email@example.com or physically via the general secretariat of INES-Ruhengeri not later than 21/10/ 2019 at 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Musanze on 07 /10/ 2019
Fr Dr Fabien HAGENIMANA