The job holder will be responsible for achieving best-in-class product status as measured by industry peers and customers, Establish excellence in product knowledge, application and analysis/MIS for both Cash and Trade products.
They will also effectively coordinate and liaise with the Product Development Team for Transaction Banking centric products to ensure that any product pre-requisites are aligned/ incorporated.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish, implement and continually review pricing policies and tariffs in order to maximize product profitability and shareholder value but also to grow market share in line with the strategy.
- Plan and drive new product launches and sales to ensure that products meet or exceed planned revenue & volume targets and to develop strategies or tactics to gain greater throughput for products and to grow customer liabilities and market share.
- To maintain a high level of customer contact through client calls, seminars, product and concept research etc. to ensure that buyer behaviour is well understood and modifications are made to products & services as appropriate.
- Work with Marketing during the development of marketing materials and external communications.
- Develop new product ideas by market sizing and continuously communicate with the Corporate and SME teams and keep them updated on new ideas and potential opportunity areas, by regularly reviewing the products offered by competition to identify any new product ideas.
- Perform as market experts for Cash and Trade products and solutions by understanding and monitoring market and economic trends, customer needs, buyer behaviour, competitor offerings etc. and to form an appropriate strategy to exploit business opportunities and to meet threats to I&M business.
- Identify common behaviour and market trends across multiple countries and regions and drive dispersion of best practice and identify and translate market opportunities into new, enhanced or re-packaged payment products and services in order to generate profitable business for the Bank.
- Co-ordinate the definition and delivery of the Operating Plan / Strategy for own area of responsibility in consultation with functional partners, focusing on; Short-term financial results (i.e. budget) covering revenue, costs and net contribution and Medium-term growth and direction through the support towards the creation of new core capabilities in support of strategic goals
- Expand a complete understanding of the business of the Bank’s major clients and identify where the Bank can add value to the clients via new or improved products and coordinate with Product Development to ensure these products are developed or necessary changes are incorporated.
- Contribute to the Transaction Banking revenue goals by; monitoring and effectively managing the Product Sales Pipeline and Supporting the TB and the Corporate / SME teams for complex cash and Trade transaction structuring while providing clients with knowledge on Cash and Trade products via meetings/seminars.
- Regularly meeting with clients and prospects to ensure that the product features being offered by the Bank completely meets their needs via a structured calling plan.
Required skills and capabilities
- Graduate, ideally postgraduate / Masters or equivalent with strong experience in business management in the banking industry
- A Minimum of 8 years of banking experience and at least 5-7 years of client management, operations experience including managing products. Understanding of credit, trade finance, banking regulations and transactional products is essential
- Excellent understanding of strategic issues impacting local market dynamics, including competition and client buying behaviour.
- Strong leadership, motivational and influencing skills. Exemplary team player
- Knowledge of Transactional Banking Product solutions would be an advantage
- Strong awareness of the competitive offerings
For more information about the roles and responsibilities of the advertised job; visit the I&M Bank Rwanda website at http://www.imbank.com/Rwanda/about-us/careers
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV and cover letters- clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org; the deadline for submission of applications is at 5:00pm on Wednesday 31st July 2019.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.