ASA Microfinance (Rwanda) Limited is a subsidiary of ASA International which is a limited liability company registered in 2007 and had been establishing Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in different countries of Asia and Africa by playing role in poverty alleviation and women empowering, and has extensive microfinance programs globally.
We are looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated staff to fill up the following position.
Position: Accounts Officer
Location: Head Office
Direct Supervisor: Accounts Manager
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Make sure all General Ledgers are reconciled on time
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Analyzing all expenses for head office and branches, payroll records and propose adjusting entries for correction
- Participate in the month-end procedures for the preparation of financial reports and ensure timely reporting to different stakeholders
- Responsible for gathering tax details, time to time filling of all relevant taxes and maintaining tax reports.
- Assist in the budget preparation and revision
- Ensure compliance within accounting standards and maintaining structures that meet both statutory and management reporting requirements and comply with audit practices.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned
- A university degree majoring in Accounting or Finance
- Proven experience of more than 2 years as an accountant in reputable company more preferably in the financial institutions sector
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Knowledge of tax rules of Rwanda
- Excellent working capabilities with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and other accounting software packages.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment.
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence.
- Be Rwandan by Nationality
- Written and spoken proficiency in English
4. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send the following documents by hard copy to the Head Office or electronically to the following email address: email@example.com, and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in subject line the position for which the candidate applies.
- Motivation Letter,
- Detailed curriculum vitae including three persons of references and their recommendations
- Copy of degrees;
- One Photo passport
- And a copy of the National Identification
Applications should be addressed to the Managing Director of ASA MICROFINANCE (RWANDA) LIMITED located in GASABO District, Plot No. - 95, NTORA Village, KG 784 St. RUHANGO Cell, Gisozi Sector, Kigali, Rwanda
The Deadline for submission is on Friday 17th November 2017 at 5 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Done at Kigali 09/11/2017
Human Resource Manager
ASA Microfinance Rwanda Limited