The Management of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) would like to inform the public that it is recruiting qualified and experienced staff on the following positions:
Company Financial Analyst(re-advert)
- • Bachelor’s Degree (A0) in finance or Accounting
- • Having a professional qualification such as ACCA,CPA qualification is a requirement
- • At least five (5) years of experience in a related relevant role
Transmission-line engineer-Electrical (re-advert)
- • At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electromechanical engineering
- • At least One (1) year of proven relevant working experience in power transmission-lines.
Regional Construction Engineer (re-advert)
- • At least a Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering or Equivalent with at least five (5) years working experience and significant experience in distribution line construction and contracts management.
- • Be fluent in English. Having a working knowledge of French shall be an added advantage.
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management, Procurement, or other equivalent degrees in related field;
- • At least 5 years of proven relevant experience in procurement in Government Institutions and/or donor funded projects;
- • Being conversant with donors and Government of Rwanda procurement procedures and guidelines;
- • Full or partial professional certification in Procurement will be an added advantage
- • Experience in utility or other big company procurement would constitute an added advantage
- • Experience and ability in managing bidding processes in the e-procurement system is an added advantage.
In charge of Energy Projects Liaison
- • Bachelor’s a degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Management, Economics, Business Administration or any other related fields.
- • He/She should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in community Mobilization, client relationship management, expropriation and any other relevant experience in respect to the position.
Other competencies & skills
The candidate for this position should have the following minimum core competences;
- • Computer knowledge particularly excel and word.
- • Being familiar with expropriation issues is an added advantage.
- • Experience in data entry and data processing is an added advantage
- • He/she should be proficient in spoken and written Kinyarwanda
- • He/she should be a team player, with good interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- • To be able to work in any District anywhere in Rwanda
Project Accountant/Rusumo Hydro Power Project
- • At least a Bachelor’s Degree (A0) in commerce, Accounting, Finance,
- • At least 3 years of proven relevant experience in a Finance related role
- • Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and finance control principles
- • Added advantage: Experience working as project accountant on AfDB and/or World Bank-funded projects
- • Knowledge of the energy sector is an added advantage
Transmission Engineer/Rusumo Hydro Power Project
- • Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- • Have at least five (5) years proven relevant experience in high Voltage Transmission line construction, project management or supervision or design and contracts management.
- • Added advantage: Experience working on implementing and managing projects on AfDB and/or World Bank-funded projects
- • Be fluent in English.
- • Having a working knowledge of French shall be an added advantage
Substation Engineer Transmission Engineer/Rusumo Hydro Power Project
- • Have at least a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in electrical engineering,
- • HV AC substations design,
- • Have at least 5 years of experience at least in the field of High Voltage substations construction and design with technical know-how in power system protection/control
- Added advantage: Experience working on implementing and managing projects on AfDB and/or World Bank-funded projects
MODE OF APPLICATION
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted at the reception of EDCL located at Kigali City Tower Building, 9th Floor not later than Wednesday 05/06/2019 latest 5:00 P.M.
- 1. Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant’s CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
- 2. REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates