Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri) is calling for applications to the following current vacant positions:
1. SENIOR LECTURER IN THE DEPARTMENT OF LAND SURVEY
PhD in Surveying, Geomatics, Geoinformatics, GIS and remote sensing and other related field.
Demonstrated ability to supervise Students
5 publications in refereed Journals
Experience in Research grant proposal writing
Excellent English/French language proficiency
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach the students and ensure adherence to and compliance with current advances in both research and pedagogy, including appropriate textbooks and other literature sources
2. Compile teaching, study tools and other instructional materials, select appropriate textbooks and other literature sources, support teaching assistants and laboratory and/or field work
3. Review, evaluate and provide advisory services on research proposal presented for either thesis or funding by students
4. Mobilize resources for research , teaching, (product/business) development, networking, outreach, dissemination of research findings community service, internships and placements
5. Engage in relevant cutting edge research along with students and other academic and technical staff
6. Provide advisory services in publishing research outputs by students in reputable journals and periodicals that enhances the visibility and recognition of INES-Ruhengeri as an institution of research excellence in the various thematic research fields
7. Establish and maintain professional, academic and research networks nationally, regionally and internationally for the benefit of INES community and stakeholders
2. LECTURER/ASSISTANT LECTURER IN THE DEPARTMENT OF BIOMEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES
1. A PhD in Biomedical Sciences / Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences or related discipline with a proven track of experience in the field. A specialization in Clinical biochemistry, Heamatology, Molecular biology, Histo-Pathology will be an advantage.
2. Ability to work well with a diverse population of people and independently;
3. Possession of a RAHPC License is a must
4. Good computer skills in word application, Excel, PowerPoint and able to use SPSS,
5. Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and ability to develop creative future approaches to learning support.
6. To be available for direct appointment
3. LECTURER/ASSISTANT LECTURER IN THE DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Experience & Specialization required
• Structural analysis & design
• Minimum 2 years’ experience or above
• Demonstrable teaching experience at the required level.
• Should have a track record
Qualifications & Education required
• Minimum Master’s Degree in Structure Design is a must
• PhD/Professional Doctorate/equivalent in Structure Design is preferred
• To provide vision and strategic leadership in teaching across the discipline of Engineering and other related specialist fields;
• To actively support and mentor staff and students;
• To undertake scholarly activities commensurate with the role and to contribute to excellence in teaching at all levels and provide academic leadership in teaching and curriculum development within INES-Ruhengeri;
• To carry out research and produce publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Staff review process
How to apply
Detailed curriculum vitae, certified copy of degree, a copy of national identity card or passport, certificates and any other useful documents with an application letter addressed to the Rector of INES-Ruhengeri should be submitted electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org or physically via the general secretariat of INES-Ruhengeri not later than 30th October 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via www.ines.ac.rw.
Done at Musanze on 16th October 2017
Fr Dr Fabien HAGENIMANA