Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri) believes that quality assurance in teaching and learning is a shared responsibility. Responsibilities for ensuring quality in teaching and learning in the institution reside in structural and organizational entities as well as individual staff and students. The Institution has broad oversight of standards, policy and processes surrounding its academic endeavour. Collectively, teaching staff and academic managers are responsible for ensuring that the design, development, management, teaching and assessment of courses and subjects facilitate effective learning, while students have responsibility to engage in the learning process.
The institution is calling for applications to the following current vacant position:
1. SENIOR LECTURER IN THE DEPARTMENT OF LAND SURVEY
PhD in Land Survey, GIS& Remote Sensing, or related fields
5 years’ academic working experience
Demonstrated ability to supervise Students
At least 3 publications in refereed Journals
Experience in Research grant proposal writing
Excellent English/French language proficiency
Duties and responsibilities
1. Teach the students and ensure adherence to and compliance with current advances in both research and pedagogy, including appropriate textbooks and other literature sources
2. Compile teaching, study tools and other instructional materials, select appropriate textbooks and other literature sources, support teaching assistants and laboratory and/or field work
3. Review, evaluate and provide advisory services on research proposal presented for either thesis or funding by students
4. Mobilize resources for research, teaching, (product/business) development, networking, outreach, dissemination of research findings community service, internships and placements
5. Engage in relevant cutting edge research along with students and other academic and technical staff
6. Provide advisory services in publishing research outputs by students in reputable journals and periodicals that enhances the visibility and recognition of INES-Ruhengeri as an institution of research excellence in the various thematic research fields
7. Establish and maintain professional, academic and research networks nationally, regionally and internationally for the benefit of INES community and stakeholders.
2. DEAN OF STUDENTS’ WELFAIRE, COMMUNITY SERVICES AND CAREER ADVISORY CENTER (Re-advertised)
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred in Education Administration, Pedagogy, Sociology, or related discipline with a proven track of 3 years’ experience in the field.
Ability to work well with a diverse population of people and independently;
At least distinction is a must;
Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English.
To be available for direct appointment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. The counseling and placement of students;
2. The resolution of conflict between students and halls and hostel of residence as well as conflicts involving students outside of halls and hostels;
3. Making representation to INES-Ruhengeri about ways of enhancing the quality of student’s life;
4. Ensuring that maintenance of cordial relations among the various student groups and the student body as a whole, to ensure that they obtain maximum benefit from their institution experience;
5. Providing leadership to all bodies and activities that promote the well-being of students of the institution including the INES Student’s Union (INES-SU);
6. Coordinating with the groups to encourage the participation of students in the activities that promote personal growth and development of students;
7. Encouraging the development of a student culture that encourages exercise of leadership, respect for diversity and the traditions of the institution, and responsibility for personal actions.
• Advanced Diploma (A1) in Library Science.
• One or more years of professional experience in a library setting, with supervisory or administrative experience preferred.
• Experience in working for and with students.
• Ability to translate student needs and interests into effective library services and programs.
• Knowledge of current trends in library services for and with students.
• Knowledge of standard library procedures, current information technology, internet and database search capabilities.
• Knowledge of connected learning and ability to design programs that embed connected learning principles.
• Able to recognize and set priorities, and to use initiative and independent judgment in a variety of situations.
• Able to learn and stay current with emerging technology, including digital media.
• Must be able to speak distinctly to large groups.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and manage convenient, accessible library and information services.
2. Develop and maintain special indexing systems and files for special collections.
3. Maintain the organization of library materials.
4. Ensure efficient retrieval by users.
5. Develop and maintain cataloguing procedures.
6. Distribute materials for cataloguing.
7. Enter cataloguing data into the library’s automated systems.
8. Process resources for placement on shelf.
9. File users’ cards in shelf list.
10. Provide library services in response to the information needs of library users.
11. Train library users to effectively search the library catalogue, internet etc.
How to apply
Detailed curriculum vitae, certified copy of degree, a copy of national identity card or passport, certificates and any other useful documents with an application letter addressed to the Rector of INES-Ruhengeri should be submitted electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org or physically via the general secretariat of INES-Ruhengeri not later than 30th November 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via www.ines.ac.rw.
Done at Musanze on 16th November 2017
Fr Dr Fabien HAGENIMANA