| FRIENDS OF HANDICAP IN RWANDA(FHR),TEL: +250 788 889 990 |
P.O BOX: 89, NYAGATARE
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruiting for: Development Officer & Company Secretary
BACKGROUND TO FHR
FRIENDS OF HANDICAP IN RWANDA (FHR) is a non-profit and Non Government Organisation NGO) begun in 2006 to help children living with disability located in rural areas. FHR advocates and sensitises people and communities to the abilities and values of People Living with Disabilities, through providing programmes of education, skills and work training, training of teaching professionals and outreach to the community and country. FHR has programmes in 3 districts of Rwanda, with a current staff complement of approximately 25 staffs and volunteers.
The Friends of Handicap in Rwanda Country Office seeks to hire a qualified, committed and experienced national to fill the following position:
Position: Development Officer & Company Secretary
Place of Work:This position will entail close working with the CEO/Director of FHR, involving a mixture of both Kayonza Office and Umutara School for the Deaf in Nyagatare
This Post: Applications received from 21st – closing 28th December 2018 at 5pm
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As a member of FHR management team, the company administrator’s time and responsibilities will be 50% in resource mobilization in support of the CEO with the other 50% in policy development and implementation, managing and reporting the top level financial processes, development and implementation of safeguarding policies and practice, supporting the CEO in Government and I/NGO liaison and relationships.
THE SPECIFIC ROLE
As a member of the Management Team, Development officer and company secretary will:
• Assist the CEO in the planning and implementation of all fundraising, ensuring compliance with all Rwandan legal requirements.
• Liaise with the program managers and other stakeholders to develop and write projects that can be proposed to potential funders, and development of general marketing and fundraising literature for FHR.
• Support the CEO in development of organizational policies, ensuring the organization complies with all FHR strategies, policies and procedures and essential standards within the legal context of Rwanda
• Develop and implement appropriate Safeguarding policies and practices.
• Supervise the administration to ensure the smooth running of the CEO’s Office and the wider organization.
• Maintain the documentation of relationships, registration agreements with government agencies etc.
• Undertake other roles and activities as requested by the CEO.
• Support the development of an organizational culture that reflects FHR values, promotes accountability and high performance, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children living with disabilities and excellent customer service for our members and donors.
• Support the CEO in relationships with the government authorities and partner agencies, including humanitarian and development donors and local and international NGOs.
• Assist the organization and CEO in developing voluntarism, capacity building and further development opportunities.
• Participate actively as a member of the management team with the discussion and development of strategic planning.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Works consistently in support of the CEO and with the whole country program to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding, achieving results together with team management and role modeling FHR values.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and takes responsibility for own personal development.
• Engages and motivates others by widely sharing their personal vision for FHR in Rwanda
• Future orientated, a strategic thinker.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with team, colleagues, members, donors, partner and all stakeholders.
• Values diversity as a source of competitive strength;
• Approachable, diplomatic, and supportive, with well-developed listening skills.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Works in honesty, openness and transparency.
• A strong commitment to FHRs Vision, Mission and Values.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors degree in Business, Public Administration, Development Studies or another relevant discipline.
• Excellent ability in spoken and written English, with the ability to write powerful and convincing project proposals to funders and other stakeholders.
• Preferably have a minimum of three years of management experience in a corporate or NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
• Experience in planning and organizing a substantial workload that includes complex and diverse tasks and responsibilities.
• Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of Company Administrator
• Willingness and ability to change work practices and hours and adaptive to change within the need for resource mobilization.
• Experience in capacity building and strategic planning.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage the top level financial transfers of funding to the programs and the reporting of these.
• Analytical, decision making skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Solid competency in IT applications, particularly MS Office and excel.
• A commitment to the values and principles of FHR.
Interested candidates should send an application lettet explaining why they are interested in this role and how their skills and abilities match this role, together with an updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including three names and contact details (address, phone number and email address) of professional referees to the FHR address at the top of the page.
The required Documents
1.Interested candidates should send an Application Letter explaining why they are interested in this role and how their skills and abilities match this role. Via email (email@example.com) or hard copy to FHR office in Kayonza town.
2.Updated Curriculum Vitae in English.
3. Three names and contact details (address, phone number and email address) of professional references.
4.Copy of certificate of Bachelors degrees in Business, Public Administration, Development Studies or another relevant discipline.
5. Latest letter from employer if he/she had a job before.
6.Ideally if possible a Recommendation Letter from local Church.
7.Photocopies of ID.
The deadline for receiving applications is December 28 at 5pm.