WE ARE HIRING
At I&M Bank (Rwanda) PLC, we aim to be the employer of choice in Rwanda with emphasis on employee progression and satisfaction. We ensure that there is diversity and professionalism in the team, strengthened by exemplary employee development and a sound code of conduct.
If this sounds exciting for you and you are interested in joining our vibrant working environment, we are currently looking for a suitable skilled candidate for the vacancies
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (1 POSITION) – IT DEPARTMENT REPORTS TO: IT MANAGER
The jobholder will be responsible for development and security of data and databases in the bank by designing, developing and maintaining robust and secured database systems and database applications..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform database management routines by doing a daily health-check, data sizing, database patching, backup and replication check;
- Database creation and tuning;
- Maintain all bank’s database privileges by adding, updating or deleting backend users;
- Perform a regular database maintenance and keep book log for the maintenance;
- Perform database mounting and unmounting;
- Control databases spaces and advise the IT Manager on capacity planning;
- Manage all databases securities;
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover;
- Schedule periodic data backups and disaster drills and ensure they are carried out as scheduled;
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive Bank disaster recovery plan;
- Provide technical advice to management and staff on database issues;
- Identify areas in which the introduction of new technology will improve business performance and assist the bank management team with the implementation of any new systems
- Ensure database documentation, data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary are well maintained for all Live databases;
Required skills and capabilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information systems, management information systems or the equivalent;
- Relevant database professional certifications in Oracle is a critical added value
- At least 2 years relevant experience in relational databases administration especially in MSSQL & ORACLE;
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in writing scripts using Transact-SQL;
- Experience in managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
- Must have knowledge on both Windows and Linux Operation Systems
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work autonomously
For more information about the roles and responsibilities of the advertised job; visit the I&M Bank Rwanda website at https://www.imbank.com/about-us/careers/
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV and cover letters- clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for to email@example.com; the deadline for submission of applications is at 5:00pm on Friday 31st May 2019.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.