VACANCY – WASH FACILITATOR
ARC works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ARC presently works in and with partners in twelve countries globally.
ARC has consistently operated in Rwanda since 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over 250 regular, full-time national staff and partners – implementing programs in Primary health care, RH, HIV and Nutrition, WASH, Infrastructure, and SGBV & Protection. ARC is looking for a qualified, self-driven and committed individual to join its Nyabiheke Field office in Gatsibo District - in the position of WASH Facilitator, based full time in Nyabiheke – Gatsibo district.
· Facilitate the Training of Trainers for the Community Based Environmental Health Promotion Program model and lead the rollout of the latter at a village level.
· With a strong and routine partnership with different stakeholders that include refugee communities, health partners, assess, identify and analyze WASH problems, views, feelings, and needs of the community to propose/design possible solutions most importantly focusing on community mobilization in solving the problems.
· Strengthen capacity of hygiene club members (hygiene promoters) to effectively promote the sanitation and hygiene best practices at a household level.
· In collaboration with Hygiene Promoters, support communities to organize themselves for the effective implementation of the CBEHPP model.
· Organize the community to ensure the sustainability of sanitation and hygiene promotion interventions through local ownership.
· Monitor the implementation of the CBEHPP model and document the promising practices and lessons learned to inform future WASH programming
· Promote major cross-cutting themes including environment, gender, and protection, disability to ensure that all refugee communities and families are participating in the hygiene promotion activities at a household level.
· Create networking and partnership with relevant partners to enhance sanitation and hygiene promotion at a household level.
· Engage in the preparation, designing and contextualization of appropriate guidelines, training manuals and standards, educational materials and promotional tools for sanitation and hygiene promotion activities.
· Facilitate WASH committee meetings and stress the need of community mobilization in solving the sanitation and hygiene problems.
· Carry out assessments related to WASH especially the KAP survey and share results for advocating and leverage the existing resources within the refugee camp to develop WASH sector.
· Produce weekly/monthly and quarterly progress reports
· Ensures all the activities planned are done within the stipulated time and budget.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health or Public health from a recognized university.
· At least 5 years of experience in implementing hygiene promotion activities preferably in the refugee camps and previous experience in Rwanda.
· Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the Community Based Environmental Health Promotion Program (CBEHPP) approach and the Rwanda Ministry of health protocols and guidelines on WASH especially hygiene promotion.
· Strong community engagement skills
· Strong report writing skills
· Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of WASH-related projects,
· Excellent English writing skills, Kinyarwanda is also required,
· Excellent Organizational, administrative and management skills,
· Strong Oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills,
Please submit 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor - via email to:
RWJobs@arcrelief.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is January 11th, 2019 at 16:00hrs. Only applications received through the above-stated email address will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.