The Rwanda Agriculture Board (RAB) is an autonomous body established by LAW N°38/2010 OF 25/11/2010. The law specifies that: RAB has the general mission of championing the agriculture sector development into a knowledge based; technology driven and market oriented industry, using modern methods in crop, animal,... See more
Job Small Stock Officer in charge Aquaculture& Fisheries/WAZD (Contractual) Organization RWANDA AGRICULTURE BOARD
Reports To Aquaculture and Fisheries Specialist
No. of Positions 1
- Plan, organize, coordinate and implement small stock or fisheries program activities
- Coordinate disease, feeds and feeding educational activities in the form of FFS, CMCs, meetings, vet guards monitoring, CAHWs, demonstration and farmers training sessions
- Supervise and monitor the work of district /sector livestock officers, providing guidance, motivation and evaluation of performance
- Responding timely to reports of emerging animal related problems e.g. diseases at farmer and community levels, control and prevent of common diseases pathogens and vectors
- Keep abreast of current recommendations and findings related to livestock production with emphasis , fisheries by maintaining continuous contact with animal resources researchers
- Make regular and systematic visits to districts/sectors to exchange and solve the animal health problems for early warning
- Provide feedback to the research system about animal production problems which need urgent solutions
- Train animal health and nutrition extension agents on the latest technologies on diagnostic and control of diseases and help them solve animal production field problems detected
- Perform other duties assigned by other competent authorities.
- A0 or A1 in Animal sciences, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary sciences with 1 year of working experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of Rwanda Livestock sector; Extensive knowledge of Livestock Production;
- Computer skills; Excellent communication skills, Interpersonal and writing skills, Computer Skills; Organizational Skills; Judgment & Decision Making Skills; Complex Problem Solving skills; Time management Skills; High analytical Skills; Team working Skills; Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY