VACANCY – SGBV PREVENTION OFFICER
ARC works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ARC presently works in and with partners in ten countries globally.
ARC has consistently operated in Rwanda since 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over 230 regular, full-time national staff and partners – implementing programs in Primary health care, RH, HIV and Nutrition, WASH, Infrastructure, and SGBV & Protection. ARC is looking for a qualified, self-driven and committed individual to join its Mahama Field office in Kirehe District - in the position of SGBV Prevention Officer, based full time in Mahama – Kirehe district.
· Oversee the quality implementation of the SASA! Methodology.
· Provide technical support to the community activists and other structures working to prevent SGBV.
· Support the local drama troupes to raise awareness on SGBV using SASA! Drama skits.
· Disseminate SGBV communication materials across the camp.
· Work with other partners to mainstream SGBV prevention and response in their existing services.
· Engage refugee populations and share information through outreach, meetings, campaigns, etc.
· Develop communication strategies and work with the team and communities to develop and test appropriate IEC materials
· Co-facilitate training to stakeholders in the refugee settings.
· Monitor protection concerns for women and girls in the Centers and share concerns with actors providing services
· Maintain good relations with community leaders in the Transit Center
· Coordinate activities with all stakeholders to build strong working relationships with community members, government authorities, UNHCR and other NGOs
· Maintain records of activities and produce regular reports
· Work with the Case Worker and the community to develop an appropriate referral pathway
· Work closely with the Case Worker covering the Reception and Transit Centers for referral of cases
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, or Social work from a recognized university.
· Knowledge or experience of implementing the SASA! A methodology is an added advantage.
· Language ability in English preferred.
· Experience in training
· Experience in community mobilization
· Comfort in living and working in rural areas, including daily work in refugee camps
Please submit 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor - via email to:
RWJobs@arcrelief.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is January 11th, 2019 at 16:00hrs. Only applications received through the above-stated email address will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.