Rwanda Revenue Authority is quickly developing capability in data analytics to improve tax compliance, develop its understanding of taxpayers’ behaviour and improve performance of the tax system.
Rwanda Revenue Authority is hence seeking to recruit self-motivated and qualified person to fill the post of:
PRINCIPAL DATA ANALYST (1 POSITION)
The post holder will be one of RRA’s principal experts in data analytics, working in the Electronic Billing Machine (EBM) team. EBMs collect data from approximately 2.5 million sales transactions by VAT registered taxpayers each month. Analysis of this extensive data is crucial to understanding taxpayers’ behaviour, improving the effectiveness and efficiency of compliance operations and improving tax compliance.
The Principal Data Analyst reports to EBM project Coordinator and will manage a team of data analysts, by assisting them in building their skills and creating a culture of continuous improvement in analytics. They will have a key role in communicating with the senior management team on EBM issues, clearly explaining the results of analysis and making recommendations on major decisions. They will be expected to manage several pieces of work simultaneously, prioritise and ensure that their team completes work to tight deadlines.
Roles & Responsibilities;
• Manage a team of 5-10 data analysts, training them and improving the quality of the team’s analysis
• Advise on strategy for data analytics, including team structures, design and establishment of processes for commissioning, completing and utilising high quality analytics
• Development of a programme of analysis to support EBM field operations and improve EBM compliance
• Innovate, creating new analysis using advanced techniques to improve understanding of taxpayers, and the efficiency and effectiveness of the EBM division
• Communicate key findings succinctly and effectively to senior management
• Create training programmes for junior analysts
• Identify data quality issues and work with the IT team to resolve them
• Collaborate with senior management on EBM strategy
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics.
At least 3 years in a senior analytical role in an organisation with large, complex data. For example, a tax authority, financial services, telecoms, retail organisation or similar.
Extensive practical experience of analysing large and complex datasets.
Proven expertise in using a range of analytical software and languages, such as analytics software (e.g. Python, R, SAS, Stata), Business Intelligence software (e.g. Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, SAP Business Objects), SQL, Microsoft Excel.
Extensive experience of techniques such as predictive analytics, data mining, monitoring and evaluation and statistical analysis using large, complex datasets.
Experience in using data analytics to identify major improvements to business practices and make recommendations to senior management.
Demonstrated experience in managing several complex pieces of work simultaneously
Experience in communicating findings from complex analysis with a wide variety of audiences, through written reports, presentations and informally
HOW TO APPLY;
Candidates should download job application form from RRA website www.rra.gov.rw and fulfill it:
Candidates should address their applications to the Commissioner General of Rwanda Revenue Authority; attach an application letter, a well filled RRA Job application form, Curriculum vitae, a copy of National Identity Card/ passport, copy of Degree Certificate and send them to email@example.com, not later than 31/05/2018 at 5:00 pm.
Done at Kigali on 9/5/2018
BIZIMANA RUGANINTWALI Pascal
Deputy Commissioner General &Commissioner for Corporate Services