JOB TITLE: RESEARCH AND MARKETING COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR GENERAL
LOCATION: KIGALI, RWANDA
CONTRACT DURATION: 2 YEARS RENEWABLE
ABOUT CHAMBER OF TOURISM:
The Rwanda Chamber of Tourism is one of the 10 professional chambers that currently exist under the umbrella of the Private Sector Federation (PSF), which is dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community. It was established in December 1999, replacing the former Rwanda Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Following the establishment of the PSF, the Rwanda Chamber for Tourism was established in 2006, with a mandate of enhancing business opportunities through effective lobbying and advocacy for the tourism and hospitality industry in Rwanda.
The Research and Marketing Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Director General and will undertake tasks related to promoting membership and Chamber/Associations’ programs. S/he will ensure excellent service delivery to members and potential members. S/he will ensure accurate and comprehensive collection and reporting of information related to marketing and research activities to the Chamber Director General. S/he is expected to adhere to PSF code of conduct and ethics.
The Research and Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for;
- Research on product development, tracking sales data and preparing reports
- Developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns as well as maintaining promotional materials inventory
- Identify and Plan promotional events/activations local, regional and international travel and tourism trade shows
- Research on tourism travel trends, social media, and marketing trends.
- Assist in managing the distribution, editorial content and timeline of the tourism guide, maps, and brochures
- Assist in event planning and implementation
- Liaise with Tourism Board and research new tourism options to best promote the tourism industry, services, and opportunities
- Design and implement tourism marketing programs and efforts to promote businesses and activities
- Handle all aspects of COT/Associations social media and web marketing tactics, including tourism event web-listings, google ad words.
- Promote COT/Associations through social event listings, social media sites, Chamber/Associations websites, brochures, and print media.
- Handle any other tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in business functions: Marketing, product development, public relations, customer service in tourism, travel, hospitality or a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent recommendation letter from the university in Marketing, Travel and Tourism Management, Business Administration or a related field
- Strong computer skills and use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, among others
- Fluency in both English and Kinyarwanda is compulsory. Knowledge of French will be an added value
- Knowledge of social media and other web marketing technologies (e.g. targeting Facebook posts and Google analytics)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit strictly their application letters, CVs with 3 references and notarized degrees not later than 31st January 2019 to the emailed to email@example.com
Chamber of Tourism is committed to diversity at the workplace and offers a supportive work environment. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.