You have a taste for challenges, a real interest to development and a deep sensitivity towards vulnerable people in general and disabled in particular, so this recruitment notice concerns you!
Handicap International Federation, which runs programmes under its operational name "HUMANITY & INCLUSION" intervenes in the following areas in Rwanda since 1994:
• Health, prevention and rehabilitation
• Socio-economic inclusion, education and citizen participation
• Prevention and protection against gender, age and disability based violence
In order to strengthen its capacity, HI recruits for its “Expanding access to inclusive basic education for vulnerable children including children with disabilities in pre-primary, primary and secondary schools of Rwanda’’ (EXACTE) a Special Needs Education Coordinator/TTC in the context of a salaried position.
Under the direct supervision of the project Manager and supported by the HI the Technical Assistant to REB’’ and will work closely with the community mobiliser and other 2 SNECOs, the Special Needs Education Coordinator is expected to meet the following tasks:
• Development of key resources/ modules for the training TTCs’ principals, deputy principals, tutors and student teachers on principles and practices in inclusive education as a crosscutting theme in the national curriculum
• Training of 64 members of TTCs’ training pool (16 principals, 16 deputy principals and 32 selected tutors/trainers of trainers)
• Training of 464 TTCs’ tutors on principles and practices inclusive education as a crosscutting theme in the national curriculum
• Training of 3,120 students/ pre-service teachers on principles and practices inclusive education as a crosscutting theme in the national curriculum
• Coordination the supervision of TTCs students teachers on the application of inclusive principles during their school internship
• Organization of the joint field visits with REB staff, Mineduc inspectors, DEOs and SEOs at TTC level
She/he will act in collaboration with the EXACTE project staff team, EXACTE Project Manager, HI Quality, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, HI Human Resources Manager, HI Inclusion Operational Coordinator, HI Support Services Coordinator, HI Country Director. He/she will be based in Kigali with regular field visits in provinces.
|Required qualification||Relevant qualification|
|Degree (s) :||University degree (Bachelor’s degree) in education, Psycho pedagogy, Psychology, Clinical Psychology, social sciences and Special Needs Education.||Bachelor’s degree in education with specification of Special and Inclusive Education; Bachelor’s degree in Educational Psychology with specification of Special and Inclusive Education.|
|Experiences:||Being familiar with inclusive education and capacity building skills||Experience of 3 years in the field of special and inclusive education and education system in general||Competences||• Capacity to negotiate and work with educational authorities • capacity to conduct training and sensitization sessions; • capacity to work with schools and community • Capacity to write reports in a structured English./French||Knowledge about disability issues and inclusion.||Personal qualities :||• Capacity to build relations with others. • strong capacity in Communication/adapt the message to the audience • Capacity to collect and analyze data. • Used to field work.||Careful and willing to work in rural areas.|
For further information about the job, please read the full Job Profile
HOW TO APPLY
The application package must include a resume (CV), a covering letter with 3 professional reference (contacts) and copies of diploma(s) to be addressed to the HI Country Director, no later than Tuesday 10th July 2018 at the address below:
• FEDERATION HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL, KK15 Rd/KK10 Ave KICUKIRO IMELA HOUSE B.P. 747 Kigali-Rwanda
• Or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: SNECO-EXACTE-2018-06
N.B: In respect of the current law, persons with disabilities will be given a priority if they prove professional skills as equally as other candidates in tests and interviews.
Done at Kigali, 26th June 2018