RCN Justice & Democracy is recruiting for a Project Coordinator in Rwanda
RCN Justice & Democracy (RCN J&D) is a Belgian non-governmental organization founded in 1994 in the aftermath of the Rwandan genocide against the Tutsi to support the reconstruction of the Rwandan justice system. It aims to ensure the respect of the fundamental rights of each individual, in particular the right to justice and the rights enshrined in international human rights conventions.
Recently RCN J&D’s programme in Rwanda has focused on strengthening the demand-side and supply-side of the justice sector by promoting dialogue and collaboration between, and building the capacity of, justice sector actors (including CSOs, Abunzi, MAJ Agents, and Executive Secretaries), and by raising awareness amongst Rwandan citizens of basic rights, and how to claim them through appropriate justice services.
Gender is a fundamental part of our approach.
Required Profile: The Project Coordinator will have…
- A master degree, preferably related to law, rights, development studies or in the domain of political or social science;
- Prior professional experience in development cooperation (preferably in Great Lake Region) on programs related to law and justice, and/or conflict resolution, land issues, gender or civil society strengthening;
- At least three years of professional experience in project management (project cycle, results-based management) and strong planning and organizational capacity;
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of projects in direct partnership with national civil society organizations and particularly in the field of advocacy and/or justice;
- Master of approaches based on Theory of Change, Outcome mapping, and logical frameworks;
- Proven commitment to accountability practices (IATI,….)
- Experienced experience in team management and intercultural approach;
- Substantial experience in representation with donors;
- In-depth understanding of institutional relationships, justice sector public policies and negotiation;
- Ensure compliance with the donors framework and timely fulfillment of project’s reporting requirements.
- Capacity for social and political analysis and reflection on development issues;
- Excellent writing skills in English (compulsory) and very good command of French (spoken and written);
- Curiosity and openness to the culture of the country.
Tasks: The Project Coordinator…
- Is responsible for the planning, execution, and reporting of the projects assigned to him, within the allocated budgets;
- Works under the supervision of the Country Director;
- Supports the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team to gather information on project results at output, outcome and impact level;
- Participates in the management of donor contracts, and contributes to the drafting of reports, projects, agreements, and contracts;
- Ensures an effective and strong gender mainstreaming in all programmes, at all levels.
- Proposes strategic reorientations by anticipating problems and proposing solutions to the Country Director;
- Coordinates the overall project: supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of activities
- Is the guarantor of the quality of the collaboration between RCNJ&D and project partners;
- Supports the Country Director in communication and representation functions with institutional partners and donors;
- Leads and supervises a team of employees and consultants.
- Explores actively RCN J&D program expansion and fundraising opportunities in support of the Country Director
- Will be based in Kigali.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor
Ideally, the candidate will be available to take the position during January 2019. A fixed-term contract for one year if offered. Renewal desired.
Salary: annual gross salary RWF 20,320,560 – 25,857,000 with other benefits
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in English by 13th December 2018: to country Director Rwanda, firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "Project Coordinator - Rwanda" in the subject of the email. Candidates are invited to mention their availability in the cover letter.
Given a large number of applications anticipated, only candidates selected for an interview will receive a response. Thanks for your understanding.
Information on RCN Justice & Democracy can be found on the website www.rcn-ong.be (http://www.rcn-ong.be/)