POSITION: PROGRAM MANAGER
Réseau des Femmes Oeuvrant pour le Développement Rural is a non-governmental organization active in promoting gender equality and female empowerment, with particular focus on development activities in rural regions of Rwanda with the mission of contributing to the empowerment of rural women so that they are fully involved in the transformation of their lives and become vectors of positive change in sustainable development.
Réseau des Femmes works in a variety of fields related to the status of women including the domains of: promotion of women’s rights and gender equality, programs to improve women’s socio-economic conditions, education and initiatives addressing gender-based violence (GBV), women’s health and reproductive health and HIV/AIDS.
To advance her programs, Réseau des Femmes is seeking one qualified candidate to fill position of Program Manager at its headquarters in Kigali. This successful applicant will report to the Executive Secretary and will engage in managing various projects with focus on « URI NYAMPINGA Project » which will work with teen mothers and community to fight against GBV in Burera and Rwamagana District with the financial support from KVINNA till KVINNA. We are looking for a self-starter, well-versed in programs management principles for development organizations and who works well in teams.
Job Description for the Program Management:
• Ensure timely project planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, and budget management.
• Assume daily activities of URI NYAMPINGA Project, and provide managerial guidance and delegation to the Réseau des Femmes’ program team and ensure the project activities are implemented appropriately, meeting deadlines and obtaining quality results;
• Coordination in developing, updating and follow-up on detailed work plan, in compliance with objectives, funding requirements, organizational procedures;
• Guide staff in timely planning of activities (work plans and event/training calendars) that are consistent with programs/project(s) objectives;
• Basing on progressive lessons learned in URI NYAMPINGA Project, participate in identification of needs and opportunities to plan new initiatives and develop upcoming programs;
• Ensure proper documentation, tracking and filing of all programs activities in compliance with organizational protocols and donor requirements;
• Actively manage monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects: attain agreements for work plans and log-frame between program team and beneficiaries;
• Ensure compliance with donor agreements and project proposals, notifying Executive Secretary immediately if issues arise;
• Work closely with Accountant to manage programs finances;
• Compile report of activities on time and with accurate data (monthly, quarterly and annual reports to a high standard);
• Ensure good adherence to Knowledge Management principles by documenting and sharing lessons learned, results and impacts, as well as developing and communicating best practices with Réseau des Femmes staff, members, Donors and other key stakeholders.
Collaboration & Coordination :
• In close collaboration with the Executive Secretary, ensure Réseau des Femmes representation in the relevant technical coordination meetings and other events;
• Maintain strong relationships with government institutions, local authorities, KVINNA till KVINNA and other partner organizations through regular communication and fulfillment of project requirements and organizational mandate;
• Participate in project proposals development and lead grant/funding requests;
• Proactively build team cohesion through regular meetings and brainstorming sessions;
• Maximize effectiveness & utilization of external consultants, partners and resource organization, including preparation of Terms of Reference for planned activities;
• Maintain positive relationships with all partners, staff and beneficiaries through timely communication.
• Maintain flexibility to perform other tasks as and when needed by the Executive Secretary and National Coordination;
• Assist in preparation of applications for funds to various donors
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Social sciences or related field. Gender Studies will be an advantage
• At least 5 years of Project Management experience with NGO development work and relevant knowledge in: Gender, gender issues and gender mainstreaming, Gender power relations as Women Unpaid Care Work, women’s economic empowerment interventions and women’s rights ; Sexual Reproductive Health, community development and GBV interventions;
• Experience managing project teams in development NGOs or other relevant organizations/fields;
• Technical Knowledge and skills on project design, monitoring and evaluation will be an asset;
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization;
• Sensitive to gender issues is a must;
• Having a working experience with women and girls on reproductive health rights and economic empowerment ;
• Willingness to travel to the field as required.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) in English & Kinyarwanda required (ability to understand and report in French an asset);
All interested candidates are invited to submit their application including Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, academic qualifications and other certificates, three reference persons, to be addressed to the National Coordinator and delivered to Réseau des Femmes head office located at Gasabo District, Kinyinya Sector, Murama Cell, Binunga Village, KG 380 ST 7, (near Kinyinya Health Center) by the close of business day of Thursday 05th April, 2018 at 11:00am.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Online Applications will not be considered. Given the nature of work undertaken, FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Done at Kigali, on 13th March 2018
National Coordinator of Réseau des Femmes.