RWANDA WOMEN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT NETWORK
POSITION TITLE: Procurement Officer
REPORTS TO: Director
LOCATION: Head Office
DURATION: 10 months
Rwanda Women’s Network is a Non-Governmental Organization that came into existence in 1997 dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that empower women.
RWN’s mission is to work towards the improvement of the socio-economic welfare of women in Rwanda through enhancing their efforts to meet their basic needs and this is done through five core programs i.e. health Care and Support, education and knowledge sharing; socio-economic empowerment; GBV Prevention and Response and governance and leadership.
RWN offers 20 years of community based experience in women and girl’s empowerment programming including health, gender based violence (GBV) and economic strengthening. RWN has strong experience recruiting and managing community volunteers who support its programming outcomes at community and village level.
The Procurement Officer will have the responsibility to ensure accountable implementation and complying with policies and procedures ensuring that all services, including consultancies are sourced in a transparent, fair, value for money and efficient manner in line with RWN policies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Focus on development and implementation of the procurement plans that will support RWN operations in the most cost effective and efficient manner,
- Participating in and contributing to programs operational planning in order to understand procurement needs and support the procurement planning for the organization,
- Coordinating and managing the pre-qualification and evaluation process to ensure that the process follows procurement best practice, is transparent and ensures the best value for money,
- Leading the development and preparation of bid documents to ensure that the most technical and financial sound suppliers are identified to provided services,
- Ensure that all documentation required for analysis and or review is prepared and presented to the committee for comprehensive decision making,
- Coordinating the feedback and communication to all bidders to ensure an effective and transparent system that communicates positive and or constructive feedback to the bidders in a timely manner,
- Developing and maintain a vendor list and ensuring that each selected/identified vendor has an operating contract and that this contract is managed for successful performance,
- Procure goods and services according to the specification, quality and timescale and in accordance with the procurement plan,
- Liaising and working with the finance department review supplier bills so that they are reconciled against LPO’s initiating payment where the bill is accurate and negotiating with suppliers where not,
- Preparing a Procurement Status Report (PSR) as and when it is needed,
- Monitor use of purchased goods and materials helps protect from incurring losses by minimizing fraud and waste,
- Filing all procurement documents and maintaining proper record of purchases made,
- Ensure that all the relevant documentation is attached to payment vouchers so that payments may be made in a timely manner,
- Keeping users informed, by producing the procurement status report, concerning the status of procurement requests and anticipated delivery times, especially in the case of delays or problems,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration. A professional qualification in procurement and supply chain management is an added advantage,
- At-least 3 years of relevant work experience in similar position (procurement, logistics, administration,
- Computer literate to a high standard in Microsoft Office,
- Sensitivity to gender issues & differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding gender and anti GBV work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to prioritize tasks.
- Good negotiations skills with a keen eye on monitoring delivery of all contractual obligations,
- Proven experience in training, coaching and mentoring and developing others,
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and other stakeholders.
- Driving license category A;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French;
How to apply:
All interested candidates are invited to submit their application including C.V, cover letter and copies of academic qualifications to Rwanda Women Network located in Kinyinya sector, Gacuriro cell, Urugarama village Street #: KG 428, for the attention of The Director of Rwanda Women’s Network: or send by Email to: email@example.com .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written and oral tests.
Deadline for applications is November 17th, 2017 at 5.00 pm.