Rwanda Printery Company Ltd is a Private company owned by the Government under the Ministry of Finance and Economic planning, the company wishes to recruit capable candidates to fill vacant positions. The details of these posts are hereunder.
Procurement officer (1)
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer
Key duties and responsibilities
- A procurement officer has a range of responsibilities, including Prepare procurement planning, Monitor procurement planning, preparing and managing requests for proposals, reviewing large value purchase orders, tender writing, working with clients, and reviewing the bidding process.
- Devise and employ fruitful sourcing strategies to benefit RPC Ltd.
- Determine the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms.
- Plan and prepare the ordering of necessary goods and services and finalize orders for deliveries.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of RPC Ltd.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Anticipate unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- Controls spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Establish extensive suppliers’ database as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree in the following field: Procurement, Supply chain management, Management, Economics or Law, having a Master’s Degree in the same field is an added value
Skills and competencies
- Experience of at least four years as a Procurement Officer.
- Having Professional Qualification in Procurement such as CIPS is an added value
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as ability in “reading” the market
- Understanding procurement laws
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Knowledge of E-Procurement System used by Government entities
- Fluent in English or French.
How to Apply:
Candidates applying for the above posts shall write an application letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of RWANDA PRINTERY COMPANY Ltd accompanied by a detailed CV, a notified degree and a copy of the Identity card. The application document will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is January, 21st /2019 at 17h00hrs. Only applications received through the above-stated email address will be considered.
Note: The candidate who does not meet the requirements should not waste time to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Published date: 07/01/2019
John Pius RUHINDA
Chief Executive Officer