Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP) is a non-profit making umbrella organization that was created in 2004 with the objective to set up a platform for information sharing, consultation and advocacy among CSOs and their partners. RCSP is composed of 9 national umbrella organizations with more than 500 members. The mission of RCSP is to act as a framework of exchange, strengthening solidarity and the capacity of its members, to be the people’s voice and defend the public interests and interests of its members at national, regional and international levels.
RCSP wishes to recruit a highly motivated candidate to fill the following vacant Post:
Post Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Duration of contract: Fulltime
Start Date: Immediately
Post Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job Purpose: Interpreting the vision and Mission of the Platform and guide the development of comprehensive and integrated RCSP Plans, monitor and evaluate their implementation.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct analysis and ensure RCSP’s strategies and goals are aligned with national, regional and international context.
- Communicate findings of strategy projects to the rest of RCSP and SC and secure stakeholder involvement
- Support the design of the implementation of reforms and strategies and provide oversight where necessary
- Provide input into policies, laws and GoR decision forums to improve their impact on SC development
- Identifies priorities, prepares strategies and plans for achieving goals and objectives and recommends them for approval;
- Formulates action programs to implement strategies and plans;
- Supervises the execution of projects and other activities financed under RCSP in accordance with agreed plans and standards;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project outputs;
- Responsible for Donor Contract Management (DCM) of organizational grants and ensure compliance with donor requirements and timely submission of reports.
- Ensures that funds are spent properly in accordance with approved plans and ensure that expenditures are appropriate and appropriately recorded;
- Increase the impact of RCSP’s efforts to improve the Platform’s competitiveness and attractiveness as an umbrella for SC development and growth in the country
- Provide timely and accurate performance reports to Executive Secretary containing performance indicators, budget plans forecasts and work developments.
- Develop project performance monitoring plan and ensure adherence to plan during projects implementation.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools and systems that effectively track projects deliverables and progress.
- Create evaluation frameworks including specific methodologies to conduct project evaluations.
- Coordinate, monitor and assess the quality of grants acqusition, reporting & make sure that donor requirements are met during the project
- implementation phase and ensure sustainability.
- Conduct or oversee baseline, mid-line and end-line projects surveys and gather data into a reportable format.
- Represent the organization in sector-level development meetings and other networking forums and use this to aggressively develop funding partnerships
- Organize M&E site visits to ascertain status of project achievements and undertake interviews and discussions with program staff and stakeholders.
- Assist the Executive Director with a preparation of high-quality quarterly and annual reports that highlight project achievements and milestones
- Timely preparation of monthly M&E reports
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing;
- Develop quality assurance and quality enhancement strategies of the RCSP
- Write project proposals, develop and keep updated projects baselines
- Prepare implementation plans with funding plan for all projects under RCSP
- Propose financial structuring and financing options for RCSP Projects to be financially viable.
- Work closely and advise Project Coordinators in charge of RCSP Projects and Programme implementation
- Perform any other official duties assigned by his/her supervisor
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical skills and Experience.
- A bachelors’ degree in Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, Development Studies, or other very relevant fields.
- Experience in providing direct policy advice to senior officials desirable
- Experience in conducting public-private dialogue desirable
- At least 5 years’ experience of working with CSOs or International NGOs is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of large internationally funded programs.
- Good working knowledge of statistics, evaluation methods and the ability to obtain, analyze, interpret data and present findings in written and oral form.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection/survey design, implementation and analysis
- Good interpersonal, excellent reporting skills ( written & spoken English)
- Must be proficient in both written and spoken English, and working knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda languages is an added advantage.
- Should have excellent computer skills on MS Excel, SPSS, Epi-info, and SAS
- Proven skills in process and group facilitation, training, and capacity building
- Presentation and facilitation skills are desirable
- Provide accounting and financial support to the finance department in order to maintain accurate and reliable financial reports.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of both internal and external audits.
How to Apply
Your application should include the following:
A covering letter addressed to the Executive Director of RCSP (i), a comprehensive CV including details of 3 persons of reference (ii) academic certificates ( diploma &Transcript) (iii) any other related recommendations or training certificates. Application documents should be submitted not later than 16 November 2018 at 4 pm.
Applicants are kindly requested to hand-deliver their application documents (Physically) at the front desk of Rwanda Civil Society Platform in Kicukiro (Centre), KK 371 st, House no 4.
For more information and direction, please contact Tel: +250787946913.
Please note that applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 07 November 2018
Nyemazi John Bosco
Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP)