1. Elaboration and update of the laws and regulations governing Labour and Employment in Rwanda;
- Collect the useful data to improve the laws and regulations governing the labour and employment in Rwanda.
- Develop Laws and Regulations governing Labour.
- Collaborate with Competent Authorities for adoption and publication of Laws Regulating Labour in Rwanda.
- Set standards regarding working conditions at workplace.
- Ensure that national labour laws and regulations are in line with international labour standards and conventions.
- Disseminate Labour Laws to all stakeholders
2. Improvement of legal framework governing labour and employment in Rwanda;
- Provide advice and opinions on necessary amendments in laws and regulations Regulating Labour in Rwanda.
- Collaborate with the experts in charge of Health and security at work and with the Chief Labour Inspector to set labour standards.
3. Ratification of International Labour Organization (ILO) convention;
- Maintain relationships with the National and International Institutions operating in the sector of employment, labour, health and security at workplace social dialogue and fight against child labour.
- Participate in the preparation of the international conventions related to Labour and employment.
- Follow their ratification with Rwanda.
- Prepare reports on ratified international conventions
A0 in Law or Labour Law
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required :
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Labour policies and law;
- Knowledge in Industrial Development strategies;
- Ability to conduct investigations for high profiles;
- Mediation and negotiations skills;
- Analytical, problem
- solving and critical thinking skills.
- Technical understanding of system being analyzed and how it affects the various business units.
- Good at handling and meeting deadlines.
- tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes.
- Able to work well with both clients from Public and Private Sector.
- Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users, managers.