• Deal with legal issues and provide legal advice on staff and institutional matters to ensure their compliance with applicable laws, instructions, regulations and procedures;
• Reviews standard and unique contract and procurement documentation in consultation with relevant government/public donor institutions to ensure their legal correctness and completeness
• Prepare contracts and MoUs between the institution and stakeholders.
• Propose necessary amendments to laws, contracts and agreements to keep them relevant;
• Interpret laws, instructions, regulations and procedures to the whole institution.
• Monitor the implementation of applicable laws, instructions, regulations and procedures.
• Assist technical department in developing legal and regulatory provisions (decrees and instructions) of the institution:
• Draft legal texts regarding the institution and give legal advice on texts, instructions, regulations and procedures;
• Reviewing all documents before signature by the Management
Master’s Degree in Law or A0 in Law with 3 years of working experience.
A good understanding of the Rwandan Laws is very key
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
- High analytical and problem solving skills
- Legal research and analysis in complex areas of law
- Knowledge of Substantive Law and Legal Procedures
- Decision making skills
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiation
- Excellent communication skills
- Very effective organization skills
- Computer skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an advantage.
To apply and for more information please click here