The Rwanda Agriculture Board (RAB) is an autonomous body established by LAW N°38/2010 OF 25/11/2010. The law specifies that: RAB has the general mission of championing the agriculture sector development into a knowledge based; technology driven and market oriented industry, using modern methods in crop, animal,... See more
Job Laboratory Technician in SAZD (contractual)
Organization RWANDA AGRICULTURE BOARD
Reports To Coordinator of Research Activities in SAZD
No. of Positions 1
- Implementing laboratory protocols to produce reliable and accurate data to support scientific investigations;
- Participating in data collection, analysis, interpretation and timely reporting of research results;
- Ensure quality of the standard operating procedures in a laboratory, including safety;
- Demonstrating the practices or procedures or research being carried out in that laboratory to students and visitors;
- Assisting researchers in their regular research activities in the laboratory;
- Training students, interns and new scientists on laboratory techniques and practices;
- Filling and keeping daily laboratory records;
- Maintaining and calibrating laboratory equipment;
- Promptly reporting unusual observations within laboratory;
- Providing monthly written technical reports.
- Bachelor degree in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Plant Pathology or Plant protection; Chemistry or Biochemistry or Master’s Degree in above mentioned field.
- Excellent laboratory record keeping skills; Ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems; Excellent skills in general laboratory management; Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at such laboratories as above; Flexibility in order to work with and provide support to a number of different people; Excellent oral communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues from all departments of the organization and to explain complex techniques to interested parties; Teamwork skills; Demonstrated planning and analytical skills; Good command of English or French; knowing both would be an added advantage.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY