Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty. We are a confederation of 17 Oxfam affiliates working in over 90 countries, all working as one Oxfam on goals that support our shared vision. We want a world where people are valued and treated equally, enjoy their rights as full citizens, and can influence decisions affecting their lives.
Oxfam Rwanda programme has developed its Country Strategy for the period of 2015 – 2020. Oxfam in Rwanda has identified interventions which align with its mission – to ensure that poor women, men and youth enjoy equal rights and benefit from fair and inclusive development-. Based on a comprehensive analysis of the Rwandan context, Oxfam delivers a combination of programme interventions and advocacy and influencing activities to drive outcomes. Oxfam intervenes in four main sectors in Rwanda namely: Gender Justice, Sustainable Livelihoods, Participatory Governance and Humanitarian.
Oxfam was established in Rwanda in the 1960s. Its reputation and expertise in Rwanda puts it in a strong position to take forward a strategy that contributes to its overall vision – a just Rwanda without poverty – and to stage interventions in line with its mission – to ensure that poor men, women and youth enjoy equal rights and benefit from fair and inclusive development.
Oxfam’s Country Strategy (OCS) launched in 2015 for implementation until 2020, identifies thematic areas to attain the set objectives: Humanitarian preparedness and resilience strengthening, Sustainable Livelihoods, Gender justice and Participatory Governance.
Oxfam in Rwanda seeks to hire an experienced Rwandan national who will be based in the Kigali office for the following position:
Location: Kigali – Rwanda
Duration: 1 year Renewable.
Job Purpose: To maintain the day to day effective running of Oxfam in Rwanda information technology infrastructure and ensure that staff and visitors are well versed in the use of email, networks, PCs and corporate applications in delivering their daily duties.
Reporting lines: Business Support Lead with dotted line relationship to the regional IS Service Manager
Staff Reporting: None
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of all computer systems in the office as and when applicable, resolving issues electronically while ensuring that all system-based requirements and maintenance of IT systems are in place with support from the regional and global teams.
- Assessment of requirements on purchase of hardware/software for the office, working in close coordination with Logistics for technical validation of purchase requests.
- Assist the Business Support Lead in developing an annual budget for costing of IT equipment during the Programme budgeting process – this will include providing up-to-date expenditure incurred at the HQ level. To suggest Programme-wide specific expenditure for IT to be
- incorporated into the programme’s annual budget processes with consideration for the most cost-effective parameters and quality guaranteed parameters;
- Management and administration of the Local Area Network (LAN), server maintenance, Meraki Access points, routers, and switches to ensure high availability of systems;
- Effective data management of the office server, including disaster recovery that ensures data is backed up and restoration tested regularly to safeguard business continuity.
- Organize and conduct formal staff induction and build users’ capacity on recommended IS practices and offer specific application skills training as required.
- Support programmes in implementing and maintaining applications that assist them in their day to day work while ensuring that all software and hardware installed in the Rwanda Programme offices comply with OGB IS policies and global standards.
- Administration and maintenance of the of the Network Integrated and Unified Communication system in the Kigali office.
- Country focal point for systems upgrade, software installation, updates and maintenance, global project rollouts, and all other IT related issues including ICT4D in Rwanda Country Programme.
- Be responsible for submitting monthly reports to the IS Service Manager on I.T issues in Rwanda Programme.
- Effective management of the Rwanda Service Now stack aimed at ensuring that requests and incidents reported by users are resolved within the laid-out Service Level Agreement thresholds.
- Working with, management and evaluation of external IT suppliers and contracts to ensure that the Programme is getting value for money for all goods and services procured.
- Configuration Management (detailed recording and updating information on the enterprises’ computer systems including hardware and software).
Skills and competence:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science and professional training on computers, with knowledge on Local Area
- Networks, servers (basic hardware and software).
- 3 years’ experience in IT Support, troubleshooting, LAN and WAN administration
- Technically competent and proven experience in IT workflows.
- Experience and competence in the development and implementation of computerized systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Use of initiative in problem-solving.
- Ability and willingness to appreciate and follow Oxfam policies and (technical) procedures to do the job.
- Suggests new ways to improve IT-based work processes.
- Contribute to team building.
- User-oriented approach in the performance of duties.
- Take own initiative, be able to work under minimum supervision and be willing to work under pressure.
- Agree and abide with Oxfam’s values and code of conduct.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action, and to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies. Capacity to understand and accept gender and diversity issues into office management.
How to apply:
Send your CV and a motivational letter to following the link: https://bit.ly/2DDGmX5
The closing date is Friday 27 November 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female and candidates with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality in our organization.