Job IFMIS - Software Developer
Organization: MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
Reports To: IFMIS Coordinator
No. of Positions 4
- Design, documentation and development of system functionalities
- Develop unit and system testing cases and scripts, test and reports test results
- Work closely with system developers on various design, development, documentation and testing activities
- Ensure MINECOFIN IT security policy appliance in SmartFMS software development lifecycle
- Maintain various database related documents such as manuals and programmers handbooks including developing IFMIS user unit tailored manuals, where necessary.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Working closely with IT team, database programmers and developers;
- Analyse and develop statutory and analytical reports for various modules of IFMIS
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology (IT) or related discipline such as Computer Science, and IT applied in management specialized in Software Development, Java J2ee, and Struts framework development with at least 3 years’ experience. Possession of a relevant post graduate qualification with 2 years’ experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable about IT and web applications
- Interested in keeping up to date with changing technology.
- Understand the laws regarding privacy and data storage
- Knowledge and experience in mobile applications development will be an advantage.
- Prior experience in the successful development of application build, testing, implementation and quality assurance activities of automated financial management systems will be an advantage.
- Dynamic and proactive individual with the ability to produce technical work plans and monitor performance against them
- Strong track record in performance management is vital (setting targets, monitoring delivery, planning)
- Having a good grasp of Data Structures and Algorithms;
- Adequate and Practical knowledge of Relational Database Technologies through additional Professional Training in Advanced Database Systems (ORACLE, DB 2, Informix, Postgres, SQL Server) and practical experience
- Adequate and Practical knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies through additional Professional Training and practical experience
?* Being able to work hard under stressful situations
- Being teachable and a quick learner in Software Technologies