To provide a ladder of opportunity to underserved communities in Rwanda, as we proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide financial services and biblically based training that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
Human Resources Officer Needed
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love.
Urwego Bank wishes to recruit 1 qualified, competent and proactive human resources officer to work in the HR department:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager
Location: Home office - Kigali
The HR. Officer will be responsible for HR administration with specific duties that include: Recruitment and Performance Management ensuring that these are effectively and efficiently managed to deliver high-quality HR support services, enabling Urwego Bank to accomplish its mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
2. Prepare annual recruitment plan and ensure its implementation.
3. Prepare and Place all job Offers;
4. Establish and maintain a recruitment database;
5. Coordinate all recruitment activities and processes with respect to all stated bank procedures;
6. Liaise with Staff development manager to schedule an induction for new employees.
7. Liaise with IT and procurement to ensure new employees get material and handbook on their first day of work.
2. Performance Management
1. Coordinate Performance appraisal both Mid and Annual evaluations; and report accordingly.
2. Establish and maintain performance review database for new staff and the probation period;
3. Prepare performance reports after every appraisal period with a recommendation for PIP, training needs.
3. Others HR duties
1. Receive HR correspondence and draft appropriate responses.
2. Take an active role in creating a safe and healthy work environment.
3. Be contact person between bank and staff welfare committee.
4. Organize Monthly staff meeting, minutes taking and follow up on reporting.
4. Other skills required:
4. Self-motivated, well organized and good time management skills.
5. Ability to perform under pressure;
6. Ability to monitor and assess achievements against performance targets;
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English.
a) Achievement Orientation – Set and meet aggressive commitments for self and others. Overcomes obstacles and accepts responsibility
5. b) Quick and easy leaner with the ability to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and
c) Customer Orientation – Embodies a strong customer orientation and seeks new and better ways to serve end clients.
d) Good Communicator – Communicates well in English, both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information with
others. Presents ideas clearly and concisely.
e) Interpersonal Skills – Maintains positive working relationships with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
f) Leadership Skills - Creates a culture of continuous development where employees feel ownership in what they do and continually
improve themselves and the business.
g) Critical Judgment and Decision-Making – Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions to obstacles. Make sensible decisions
on the basis of analysis and experience.
h) Commitment - Commitment to the mission, values and Christian motivation of the organization.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
a) Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission and vision of Urwego Bank PLC;
b) Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university or college. HR degree or certification will be an added advantage.
c) At least 2-year experience in human resource administration.
d) Knowledge of recruitment, employment practices, salary and benefits, pension and retirement plans, and employee relations.
e) Knowledge of banking services will be an added advantage
f) Ability to maintain a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
g) Knowledge of current labor laws, benefits, and its applications.
h) Good understanding of administrative policies, practices, procedures and internal control systems.
i) Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines.
Fluent spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda, knowledge of French is added advantage.
How to apply
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to Urwego Bank Plc Head Office at Remera, Umuyenzi Plaza not later
than 18 January 2019 at 5 pm.
1. Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
2. Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
3. Degree Certificate, a copy of ID and additional certificates if any.
4. Recommendation from your Church.
5. Statement of Faith.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the exam and interview.
Urwego Bank PLC