VACANCY – HR INTERN
ARC works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ARC presently works in and with partners in ten countries globally.
ARC has consistently operated in Rwanda since 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over 230 regular, full-time national staff and partners – implementing programs in Primary health care, RH, HIV and Nutrition, WASH, Infrastructure, and SGBV & Protection. ARC is looking for a qualified, self-driven and committed individual to join in the position of HR Intern, based full time in Kigali Head Office.
· To support the HR unit in monitoring the ongoing official communications using the tracking tool.
· Assist in daily Front Office operations by ensuring accurate and efficient running of a reception area.
· Collect timesheets and leave forms from employees.
· To ensure proper filing structure and record keeping of all HR documents.
· To follow up and distribute official communications as needed.
· To draft official letters as required.
· Assist with recruitment activities and coordination which may include: inviting candidates, making interview schedules, phone interviews, give feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
· Be responsible for collecting absence records.
· Provide support in administering HR policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The HR intern should be able to stand in as Front office and Administration Assistant:
· Serves as a liaison between executives, managers, and visitors as required.
· Drafts correspondence, edits documents, takes and transcribes minutes of meetings, and performs other administrative duties as requested.
· Communicates with both internal and external customers in person, via telephone and e-mail. Maintain a tracking system for all communications.
· Evidence of recent graduation or current pursuit of a university degree in Human Resource Management or in a related field.
· Excellent English writing skills, Kinyarwanda is also required,
· Excellent Organizational, administrative and management skills,
· Strong Oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills,
Please submit 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor - via email to:
RWJobs@arcrelief.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is January 11th, 2019 at 16:00hrs. Only applications received through the above-stated email address will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.