Exciting Career Opportunity
Are you ambitious and seeking for a career rewarding challenge to propel you to the next level?
Unguka Bank is recruiting for various interesting positions as follow:
Head of Credit reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
The head of Credit responsibilities includes creating credit scoring models, setting loan terms and determining interest rates, minimizing bad debts and increase revenues from loans.
- Research and evaluate clients’ creditworthiness;
- Create credit scoring models to predict risks;
- Approve or reject loan requests, based on credibility and potential revenues and losses;
- Calculate and set interest rates;
- Negotiate loan terms with clients;
- Maintain records of loan applications;
- Follow up with clients to manage debt settlements and loan renewals
- Ensure all lending procedures comply with regulations;
- Develop, review and update our company’s credit policies
- Proven work experience as a Credit Manager, Credit Analyst or similar role
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Solid understanding of lending procedures
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to create and process financial spreadsheets (e.g. in Excel)
- Negotiation skills
- BSc in Accounting, Economics, Banking, and Finance or relevant field
- Develop and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit and customer set up the process.
- Interface with the sales organization to communicate credit decisions and ensure timely review of new customers.
- Make credit decisions within assigned authority
- Plan and organize activities of credit/customer set up a team to ensure file reviews are completed timely / accurately
- Initiate process improvement and quality reviews to simplify and improve productivity
- Negotiate documentation and payment terms with customers to ensure transactions are properly secured
- Resolve credit issues with customers
- Strong computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field a master degree is an added value;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Credit within the banking industry;
- Vast understanding of credit reporting technics;
- Proficient in reading/interpreting financial statements for the purpose of underwriting credit
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong audit background, problem-solving and customer service skills
How to apply:
If you believe your career objectives match these challenging roles, send your application and CV to email@example.com with the position you are applying for in subject line not later than January 31, 2019, at 4:00 pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Done at Kigali, January 15, 2019
Chief Executive Officer