1. Analyse information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
2. Analyse user needs and recommend appropriate hardware. This includes but is not limited to the structured cabling infrastructure, general server and systems administration, network administration, storage area networks and general security systems requirements.
3. Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
4. Support computer hardware including, peripherals, central processing units (CPUs), microprocessors, printers and disk drives to ensure all IT inventory is working optimally.
5. Confer with general IT Unit Staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software to ensure operational and performance requirements of overall systems.
6. Test and re-test parts to ensure they work properly and identify and isolate defects.
7. Test circuits and other electronic components and test motherboards to avoid electric surge and faults.
8. Supervise the IT Support Technician and other technicians during computer Hardware deployment, installation and monitoring of related work activities
9. Analyse user requirements information and recommend appropriate hardware to users including provision of help desk and routine hardware changes
10. Install required systems and application software to each and every company workstation
11. Specify power supply requirements and configurations
Qualifications and experience
A Bachelor’s Degree (A0) in Computer Engineering, Information Technology
At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position especially in Print Administration, Hardware Management, Network and Server Administration including Windows Server 2012 and 2016 Possession of industry certifications especially MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional), CompTIA, CCNA and or Linux
MODE OF APPLICATION
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted at the reception of EDCL located at Kigali City Tower Building, 9th Floor not later than 17/10/2018 latest 4.00 P.M.
Note: Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant’s CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection. Candidates will be informed of shortlisting results via lists appended on the REG website (www.reg.rw) under “Jobs” and on EDCL notice boards/floors.
Done at Kigali on 02/10/2018