•Managing Research Grants:
- Develop and introduce research and innovation standardized granting instruments such as tools, templates and guidelines to support grant management and oversee application processes.
- Process grant payments to successful applicants and follow up on all queries related to NCST’s granting process
- Ensure that grant management tools and templates are used consistently and implement management rules and procedures.
•Reporting on the Research Grants:
- Monitor interventions and programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with established rules and procedures and requirements
- Perform functions of grant management and report on status of grant processing and outcomes by regularly leasing with beneficiaries
- Prepare financial and other reports related to the National Research and Innovation Fund
- Work on other duties assigned by the NCST Executive Secretary
- Work on other duties assigned by the Head of department and report to him/her
- Working experience of 3 years in Operational Research Funding and/or Grant Management
- Strong knowledge of science, technology, innovation and R&D economics and strategic planning,
- Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, rules regulations, and budget projections to ensure conformity to standards.
- Knowledge of grant processes including accounting and financial reporting with ability to interpret.
Bachelor’s Degree in Technology Management, Business Administration and Finance, Industrial Management, Industrial Economics, Geo
- Econometrics, Biostatistics, Business Process Engineering, Operational Research.
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
- Knowledge in Project Proposal and Grant Management;
- Computer skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Communication skills;
- Knowledge of organizational structure workflow and operating procedures;
- Knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation Systems;
- Judgment and decision making skills;
- Complex Problem Solving;
- Time management skills;
- High analytical skills;
- Team working skills;
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French is an advantage
To apply and for more information please click here