Job: Flight Operations Investigation Specialist
Organization: MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE
Reports To: Division Manager
No. of Positions: 1
This investigator will be specifically responsible for analyzing flight operations procedures, qualifications of the Pilots and associated requirements for the safe flights
1. The investigator - Operations shall be responsible for conducting aviation accident and incident investigations
2. Compiling reports in accordance with ICAO Annex 13, requirements
3. Develop guidance materials in relation to the conduct of Investigation
4. Act as Rwanda’s accredited representative in accident investigation outside the Country.
5. Identity and advice safety deficiencies and unsafe conditions for aviation safe operations
6. Complete investigation reports and monitor implementation of safety recommendations
- A professional Pilots License with Airline Transport Pilots License (ATPL) or Commercial Pilots License (CPL) with instrument and twin rating.
- A minimum of 3000 hours flying experience. With at least 500 Hours as Pilot in Command (PIC) Have attended a minimum of 2 accident investigation trainings from ICAO recognized Institution. Technical skills and knowledge required
- Understanding of legislation, regulations and guidance material of the State relevant to the conduct of investigation;
- The ability to identify and analyse pertinent evidence in order to determine the causes and, if appropriate, make safety recommendations;
- Had conducted investigation before;
- Ability to write a final report that meets the requirements of the accident investigation authority of the State conducting the investigation;
- Must have excellent organizational and technical writing skills, and ability to effectively speak and write English
- Able to interpret Flight Data Recorders (FDR) to determine the probable cause of airplane accidents.
- Knowledge of aviation accident investigation practices, procedures, and techniques.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY