RWANDA WOMEN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT NETWORK
POSITION TITLE: Field Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
LOCATION: Musanze and Burera
DURATION: 10 months
Rwanda Women’s Network is a Non-Governmental Organization that came into existence in 1997 dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that empower women.
RWN’s mission is to work towards the improvement of the socio-economic welfare of women in Rwanda through enhancing their efforts to meet their basic needs and this is done through five core programs i.e. health Care and Support, education and knowledge sharing; socio-economic empowerment; GBV Prevention and Response and governance and leadership.
RWN offers 20 years of community based experience in women and girl’s empowerment programming including health, gender based violence (GBV) and economic strengthening. RWN has strong experience recruiting and managing community volunteers who support its programming outcomes at community and village level.
TheField Supervisor will have the responsibility to coordinate and manage the implementation and monitoring activities of the project in the assigned Districts as well as being a link to the District authorities and other stakeholders within and outside the District.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Under the direct supervision of the Program Officer coordinate the implementation of project activities in all operational Districts assigned.
- Take leadership role ensuring joint planning and coordination with the Field Officers.
- Coordinate the capacity building activities for Women Space Facilitators, project beneficiaries and other target groups particularly local authorities.
- Participate and contribute in project reflection sessions and produce related reports as required.
- With support from the Program Officer, document and disseminate the project implementation progress, best practices and lessons learned.
- Timely production and submission of reports as will be agreed upon with the line manager.
- Liaise and maintain dialogue with relevant governmental institutions and other partners to ensure the needed collaboration, synergy and sharing of experiences and communication with impact.
- Provide technical support to the Field Officers and WSFs through training, supportive supervision, coaching and evaluation of their performance.
- Establish and maintain close, collaborative relationship with the Field Officer and WSFs maintaining a high level of respect and sensitivity and strong links with other members of the program team and partners in the project area.
- Represent RWN in relevant forums in the Districts where the project operates (such as JADF meetings, etc) and other forums as it may be assigned to her/him by the line manager.
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of project resources including budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Rural Development, Environmental Health and other related fields,
- At-least 3 years of relevant work experience in similar position with NGOs in GBV related interventions,
- Computer literate to a high standard in Microsoft Office,
- Sensitivity to gender issues & differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding gender and anti GBV work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to prioritize tasks.
- Strong leadership, participatory/capacity-building and training skills,
- Excellent organizational (logistic), communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and other stakeholders.
- Valid driving license category A;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French;
How to apply:
All interested candidates are invited to submit their application including C.V, cover letter and copies of academic qualifications to Rwanda Women Network located in Kinyinya sector, Gacuriro cell, Urugarama village Street #: KG 504 St, for the attention of The Director of Rwanda Women’s Network: or send by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written and oral tests.
Deadline for applications is November 17th, 2017 at 5.00 pm.