Ndabaga Organization is an Organization of women that participated in the liberation struggle of Rwanda (Full time cadres and women veterans) and those women from the Ex-far. It was set up in 2001 with an intention to combine efforts and raise its member’s wellbeing; building their capacity; fighting poverty, hunger and diseases within the members and Rwandan Community; striving for peace in Rwanda and the neighboring countries.
NDABAGA Organization is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Executive Secretary. The Executive Secretary will be responsible for the daily management of the organization.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate the programs and projects of the organization;
• Ensure that the decisions of the Board of Directors are effectively implemented;
• Ensure planning and coordination of the daily management of the organization;
• Organize the preparation and the development of the action plan and performance targets of the organization and make sure that all the organs of the organization are fully involved in that process;
• Submit the action plan and performance targets to the Board of Directors for approval and ensure its implementation and impact on the targeted beneficiaries;
• Identify the human resource needs of the organization;
• Develop high, interdependent and motivated body of staff in order to enhance productivity within the organization;
• Design program/project proposals for submission to potential donors;
• Make necessary follow up with potential donors to ensure that submitted project proposals receive funding;
• Monitor and evaluate projects implementation progress, notify and seek support in order to ensure that the organization is moving in the right direction;
• Ensure advocacy and networking within the framework of the program outcomes;
• Be updated on the national policies and develop the internal policies of the organization and adapt them to the national policies;
• Represent the organization in various occasions; and
• Undertaking any other assignments as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
Desired competencies and Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in Management, Public Administration, Law, Political Science, Social Sciences, Rural Development or any other related fields.
• Holders of a Master’s degree in relevant field are preferable for the prospective candidate.
• Proven experience in Program design, fundraising, leadership.
• At least Five years (5) progressive experience in project and or program management.
• Strong leadership, planning and facilitation skills.
• Proven experience in advocacy and networking.
• A spirit of transparency and teamwork.
• In depth knowledge and familiarity with Rwanda’s national laws, policies, legal frameworks and government structures related to governance and budgeting.
• Broad knowledge of development processes and current political trends.
• Broad knowledge of gender equality.
• Innovative, strategic thinker, organizer and manager.
• Capacity to work under pressure and resolve disputes at the workplace.
• Computer literate.
• Demonstrate strong written communication skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and/ or French and Kinyarwanda.
• Demonstrate ability to deliver on time.
• Prior experience working closely with civil society organizations.
• Demonstrate strong team player and inter-personnel skills.
• Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Focuses on impact and results and responds positively to feedback.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Three professional references
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AND APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their application enclosed with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, academic documents and other certificates. The application should be addressed to the Chairperson of NDABAGA Organization and delivered to NDABAGA offices during office days and hours (Monday to Friday, 8h00 to 17h00) by 2nd March 2018, close of business.
NDABAGA head office is located in the building which is opposite to Hotel Isimbi (Ex-Karamira Building) at the 4th floor. For more information please call on 0787110583 or 0788485522
1. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written exam.
2. Applications submitted by email will not be considered.
3. Competent and gender sensitive men are encouraged to apply.
Done at Kigali; February 12th 2018.