TITLE: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR GENERAL
LOCATION: KIGALI – RWANDA
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2 YEARS RENEWABLE
The Rwanda Chamber of Tourism is one of the 10 professional chambers that currently exist under the umbrella of the Private Sector Federation (PSF), which is dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community. It was established in December 1999, replacing the former Rwanda Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Following the establishment of the PSF, the Rwanda Chamber for Tourism was established in 2006, with a mandate of enhancing business opportunities through effective lobbying and advocacy for the tourism and hospitality industry in Rwanda.
The Director of Operations will work under the supervision of the Director-General. S/he will be in charge of defining, implementing and managing activities and processes that will translate the Chamber’s and Associations’ strategies into actions, with a high focus on: Membership management, Member services coordination, Research, and Marketing. S/he will be expected to adhere to PSF code of conduct and ethics.
The director of Operations will be responsible for;
- Supervise the setting of key organizational processes and maintaining them of the CoT/Associations.
- Oversee the preparations and implementation of the Annual Strategic Plan of the CoT/Associations.
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement to develop a high performing operations team of the CoT/Associations
- Conceiving and expanding member services portfolio that increases value to the members of the CoT/Associations
- Setting up a member outreach and communication system and program that increases member trust and engagement of the CoT/Associations
- Driving a marketing plan that broadens the CoT/Associations member base and establishes the organization as the main player in its space
- Actively participate in the strategic restructuring, re-branding and corporate innovations of the CoT/Associations
- Actively participate in the strategic drive of research programs and the conceptualization of new projects
- Organize, inspire and lead a team of coordinators to deliver on the operationalization of the CoT/Associations’ strategies.
- Analysis of issues affecting member business activities and propose solutions
- To initiate position or policy papers and research aimed at informing policymakers, members and the Board
- Advocate and liaise with various stakeholders on member issues
- Report to the CoT DG, monthly, quarterly and annually about the progress of CoT/Associations’ activities and strategies
- Handle any other tasks as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years in Economics, Marketing, Tourism or a Management related field with strong computer skills and understanding of statistical analysis software such as Excel, , MS Access, or any others
- Strong communication skills;
- Three years of experience working in tourism-related.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit strictly their application letters, CVs with 3 references and notarized degrees not later than 31st January 2019 to the emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber of Tourism is committed to diversity at the workplace and offers a supportive work environment. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.