Ref No. HRD|LM|026|07.19
REPORTING LINE: HEAD OF BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
The role of the data scientist focuses on developing solutions to unique and challenging business problems. Job holder will primarily involve data mining, analysis and modelling, using an array of tools and techniques to solve the problems. The focus of the work is on leveraging both internally-generated data, and traditional or alternative data collected from secondary sources, to drive innovation, decision making and organisational strategy aimed at promoting financial inclusion.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Develop modelling solutions to challenging business problems, resulting in the organisation better understanding of the value of its own data, and using this to extend its client base to the traditionally financially excluded market.
- Explore various techniques, on large volumes of data or unstructured data, to determine the most appropriate business solution.
- Ensure that solutions are executable and can be interpreted in Business language.
- Works with leaders of various business units and stakeholders to devise innovative information products and presents analyses in a compelling way.
- Undertake data analyses to understand challenges and scope of work.
- Build analytical tools to generate insight, recognise patterns and predict behaviour and delivers content direct to users of information products
To qualify for this role applicants must have the following:
- 1+ years’ experience in data analytics, modelling, and/or software development
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as mathematics, computer science, statistics, or information technology. MS degree will be an added value.
- Strong coding/software development skills
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Understanding of and experience with using Big Data techniques
- Experience of using a data warehouse and proficiency in SQL
- Working knowledge of information technology environments, administration, policies and processes
- Experience in R and Python
- Machine learning and predictive modelling experience
- Solid background in advanced analytical methods
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative and takes initiatives.
- Working knowledge of financial and management accounting
- Natural Language Processing experience
- Knowledge/use of Hadoop, MapReduce and Apache Spark
- Data Visualisation coding (e.g. D3.js)
- Knowledge of H2O
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV and cover letters- clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for to email@example.com; the deadline for submission of applications is at 5:00pm on 9th August 2019.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.