TERMS OF REFERENCE
CONSULTANCY TO DEVELOP TRAINING AND COMMUNICATION MATERIALS
Save Generations Organization (SGO), is a Rwandan Development Non-Government Organization (NGO) that works to prepare, empower and equip the future generations, with the main focus on vulnerable children, youth and women. It is operating in Rwanda since 2015 and is registered with Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) under the legal personality number 008/ RGB /NGO/2016.
In its mission to create space to children, youth and women’s integral development and healthy life, SGO intervenes in the domains of child protection and wellbeing, education, youth and women’s empowerment, and community healthcare.
We are partnering with Kvinna Till Kvinna to implement a project on ‘Empowerment of adolescents and young girls in school on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights’.’ The project will be implemented in Gasabo and Kamonyi Districts (in 8 schools, including 4 primary and 4 secondary schools/ 12YBE). The goal of the project is to increase the knowledge and information on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) to adolescents and young girls in school in Kamonyi and Gasabo districts.
The following are specific objectives :
1. To increase girls knowledge and information on SRHR for informed decision making;
2. To build girls confidence and self-esteem to claim their SRHR and available services;
3. To reduce negative community perceptions and attitudes on SRHR;
4. To increase school teachers and management knowledge and information on SRHR;
5. To reduce stigma surrounding the use of contraceptives for young girls.
For that purpose, Save Generations Organization (SGO) would like to recruit highly qualified consultant company or independent consultant(s) to develop age appropriate with comprehensive information’s training and communication manuals on the following deliverables:
1. Training and communication manuals on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and child rights for adolescents and youth in school between 10 – 13 years old and 14 – 19 years old;
2. Training manual and communication materials on confidence and self – esteem building for adolescents and young girls between 10 – 13 years old and 14 – 19 years old;
3. Training of trainers (ToT) manual on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and child rights for school representatives and teachers;
4. Training manual on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and positive parenting for parents;
5. Training manual on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and child rights for religious leaders;
This assignment should be completed in 60 working days. The consultant should detail the timeframe during the inception phase.
Qualifications and Competence required
The Individual consultant must have the following qualifications:
PhD or Master’s degree in Health studies, education, gender studies, demography, and other social sciences related to the task;
Have a sound experience in developing training and communication materials;
Have a strong understanding of the sexual and reproductive health and rights to adolescents and young girls, gender and girls’ empowerment (This will be an added value);
Have a strong knowledge and experience in developing training and communication materials on sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender and rights related topics;
Excellent command and outstanding written of Kinyarwanda and English;
Proof of former development of training and communication manual assignments is a requirement.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to read, follow the detailed Terms of reference, and submit both the technical (including technical aspect of the proposal, methodology and operational plan) and financial proposals (including consultancy fees, questionnaire development cost, data collection cost, data processing and reporting cost and so on) and letter of application and CVs not later than Friday 21/09/2018 by 5Pm.
The proposals should be placed in separate sealed envelope, marked with the assignment title and addressed to the Executive Director of Save Generations Organization, P.O.Box: 2815 Kigali. The dossiers are to be submitted physically at Save Generations Organization’s office at Kabuga, in Kabuga Yego Center, Rusororo Sector; Gasabo District; Kigali City, Rwanda ; or sent by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any further information or clarification, please contact us on the following number: 0722968939 during working hours.
Done at Kigali, on the 27/08/ 2018
Save Generations Organization