VACANCY – COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATION COORDINATOR
ARC works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ARC presently works in and with partners in ten countries globally.
ARC has consistently operated in Rwanda since 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over 230 regular, full-time national staff and partners – implementing programs in Primary health care, RH, HIV and Nutrition, WASH, Infrastructure, and SGBV & Protection. ARC is looking for a qualified, self-driven and committed individual to join its Mahama Field office in Kirehe District - in the position of COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATION COORDINATOR, based full time in Mahama – Kirehe district.
· Implementation and quality control of all community mobilization and promotion activities.
· Ensures the community health outreach activities are following the national MOH guidelines (Binome and ASM/CMNH packages).
· Organizes participatory training events and disseminates appropriate IEC materials through the community health workers and other influential/volunteer groups.
· Promotes awareness and increased demand for reproductive and sexual health services with special focus on adolescents
· Promotes good practices in community-based health care including Integrated community case management and community-based family planning through training, supervision, and mentorship of CHWs
· Engages and orients community influential people and volunteers in health promotion activities and establish monitoring strategies
· Take lead in innovating and implementing health awareness and behavior change activities.
· Liaises with other relevant departments and sectors (SGBV, WASH and Nutrition) to ensure consistent messages and a coordinated approach at camp level.
· Compile and submit monthly reports from the field to the Senior Health Coordinator – the supervisor.
· Takes lead in training the Community Health Workers (CHWs) in collaboration with other sectors and Ministry of Health (MoH) following the national guideline and protocols.
· Minimum of University degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, or related, with at least four years of experience in health education-related activities and programs
· Experience in implementing community mobilization, IEC and BCC.
· Experience in humanitarian settings is required.
· Experience with behavior change communication-related work is required.
· Good computer skills with proven skills in the effective use of the Microsoft Office package
· Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda.
Please submit 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor - via email to:
RWJobs@arcrelief.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is January 11th, 2019 at 16:00hrs. Only applications received through the above-stated email address will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.