1. Develop policies and regulations development (Standards, instructions, guidelines, orders)
• Development of new policies and regulations to guide the local content creation (digital media, content creation and broadcasting, etc.) for both local and regional consumption;
• Promote the establishment of creative industries through innovative development of quality content;
• Establish through regulations/policies a conducive environment for creative industries to thrive;
• Establish digital content standards, QoS and classification levels and certifications;
• Drive the adoption through a strong and strategic awareness framework targeted to both consumers and content creators;
• Drive the public content and web presence strategy;
• Drive and leverage high mobile phone and internet penetration rates in Rwanda and the region to develop new mobile
- based e
- commerce and m
- commerce software and services.
2. Partnership management
• Identify and establish partnership with key stakeholders;
• Collaborate with relevant public institutions, private sector and civil society to support and include strategic content creation as part of their operations;
• Mobilize funds, resources and capacity building programs towards the establishment of creative industries, digital on
- demand content, online publishing, broadcasting, etc;
• Establish public Service Broadcast programmes that connect, inform and entertain the public.
3. Coordinate, Monitor and Evaluate program and projects under content and communications portfolio
• Ensure that implementation of local content strategy projects/initiatives are implemented as planned and are aligned to national ICT programs;
• Make informed decisions regarding ongoing developments and trends and propose upgrades and changes to be made if necessary;
• Support the planning, monitoring and evaluation teams both in developing, planning, budgeting and effective reporting.
4. Performing any other duties assigned by the Ministry authorities
• Represent the Ministry where necessary and when requested.
Click here for more details