The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE) is a Belgian organisation that contributes to the analysis, planning and development of capacity-building programs and coordinates all forms of knowledge transfer between the French Community of Belgium, Wallonia and developing countries. In Rwanda, APEFE supports MIFOTRA and PSF for the piloting of apprenticeship training as part of the implementation of the Workplace Learning Policy.
It is in this regard that APEFE is looking for an experienced Communication Expert to fill up an immediate vacancy.
Job title: Communication Expert
Report to: APEFE Programme Administrator
Location: Kigali with frequent field visits to the4 Provinces of Rwanda
Duration: open ended contract.
Knowledge and skills:
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer comfortable producing all sorts of materials, from social media entries to Public Year Reports, and leaflets. Although this is a “communications” position, press interaction will be limited and emphasis will be placed on content production.
Serve as Communication focal point. Tasks include:
- Develop a communication strategy for the Workplace Learning Support Programme;
- Work closely with MIFOTRA and PSF, as well as APEFE technical assistants to set and ensure Workplace Learning awareness campaigns;
- Ensure the quality and consistency of forms and contents of communication.
- Facilitate the exchange and circulation of both internal and external information.
- Produce, compile and efficiently disseminate APEFE programme documents, products and activity reports;
- Produce of press release, web content and publications for different audiences about success stories of the programme, including through APEFE Rwanda Programme social media;
- Oversee the production of visual and multimedia materials for the Programme;
- Plan, develop and implement public relations strategies (including keeping partners andstakeholders’ database updated and information monitoring on partners and stakeholders’ websites and communication of relevant information to the team);
- Coordinate APEFE events and media relationship;
- Classify, collate and store information, usually using special computer applications, for easy access and retrieval;
- Contribute to drafting APEFE final report;
- Perform other communication tasks within the program’s scope of activities, as instructed by management.
Qualification and experience:
- University degree in Communication, public relation, Journalism, Social Sciences or equivalent;
- Have at least 5years’ experience in communication in a reputable organisation, experience in an international organisation is an added value;
- Knowledge and experience in the field of behavior change communication will be an added value;
- Proven track-record of producing reports and communication products in various formats;
- Fluency in English, Kinyarwanda and French;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills, ability to film and edit web video material and take event photographs; experience in layout and design desirable;
- Good grasp of stakes in the education sector in Rwanda.
How to apply
A resume and a cover letter should be addressed, before 27 October 2017at 11 a.m., to:
Mr Kimba Dodo
Program Administrator APEFE/Rwanda
KN 7th Road, #39, Nyarugenge, Kigali
Tel: +250 252 571 808
Or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.