POSITION TITLE: Communication and Advocacy Officer
REPORTS TO: Director
LOCATION: Head Office
DURATION: 1 year renewable
Rwanda Women’s Network is a Non-Governmental Organization that came into existence in 1997 dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that empower Rwandan women. Rwanda Women’s Network is a Non-Governmental Organization that came into existence in 1997 dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that empower women.
RWN’s mission is to work towards the improvement of the socio-economic welfare of women in Rwanda through enhancing their efforts to meet their basic needs and this is done through five core programs i.e. health Care and Support, education and knowledge sharing; socio-economic empowerment; GBV Prevention and Response and governance and leadership.
RWN offers 20 years of community-based experience in women and girl’s empowerment programming including health, gender-based violence (GBV) and economic strengthening. RWN has strong experience recruiting and managing community volunteers who support its programming outcomes at community and village level.
The Communication and Advocacy Officer will have the responsibility to develop strategic communications and media initiatives and managing media/press coverage of RWN work. She/He will be a contact or spokesperson planning and implementing communications inside and outside the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Support management of RWN website and social media platforms;
2. Gather information and prepare content to inform different communication materials to post on the RWN website and social media platforms;
3. Ensure that RWN’s website and social platforms provide updated information on RWN work including; project activities, best practices, translated documents, training activities and conferences, case studies, etc.
4. Develop RWN communications strategy i.e. an overall organizational communication strategy and work plan covering all project´s actions and targeting all project beneficiaries and stakeholders.
5. Develop a quarterly Newsletter sharing RWN work during the quarter.
6. In collaboration with management, profile RWN by developing and disseminating press releases, advisories, fact-sheets, press/media kits and updated information and stories, reports to inform media, key partners and the general public of RWN programming initiatives, results and successes, challenges and lessons learnt.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
All interested candidates are invited to submit their application including C.V, cover letter and copies of academic qualifications to Rwanda Women Network located in Kinyinya sector, Gacuriro cell, Urugarama village Street #: KG 428, for the attention of The Director of Rwanda
Women’s Network: or send by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written and oral tests.
Deadline for applications is November 16 , 2018 at 5.00 pm